Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference besides the color? I know when I have a laser on, you do not see it like they are portrayed in magazines or the movies :D with the red beam going every which way. I noticed a lot of companies are advertising the green ones now and just was wondering if this is just a trend or has special super powers where I didn't get the memo? Whats next, pink lasers for those pink handguns? Hmmmm....

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've heard green shows better in day/night and isn't totally visible by infrared? that's what I've HEARD.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Green is brighter. Red is less visible. If u buy a good red lase, then they are visible in day but not as bright as green. In the movies, red is visible because it's dusty or hazy just good special effects.

·
Registered
200 Posts
In bright light, you will lose a red laser. Green is still visible. The red spectrum is easily overcome by bright light. If shopping for a weaponlight, I would recommend green.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The human eye can pick up green light at a much lower level than red.
Green lasers appear brighter because the human eye is more sensitive to the shorter wavelength of green light than those produced at the red end of the spectrum.
Green lasers are much harder to make so they usually cost a lot more.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Looks like a traffic light when you have the Red bore laser in and the Green laser doing a zero
Point is on on top of the other you will notice how much brighter the green is.
Cost of the green is coming down and that is bring the red down.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Green is visible in daylight but it messes up night vision in the dark. Personally, I only have one laser,red, and I never practice with it on because too many people become dependent on them. Solid handgun fundamentals will do a person more good than a laser.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Laser is an aid not a cure. If you lean to use one correctly it has no effect on your ability to use iron or any other site. Hand gun of rifle when it comes up or down to your line of site you should already know where the paint will be if you have to look for it more range time and for get using it until you get it down. The same as using a Red Dot for reflex fire .
The worst time to use a laser is full sun out side the Green does show up much better in that case all tools are Plus and minus depends on your level of training with them and how you intend to use them.
I put the sons Acog on one of mine . As a scope for AR they don't get any better. On 100 yard zero range I was slow and out of step. I was looking for it. I got it down . My Acog is still in the box While it may be about the best for an AR I would not at this time use it as my first option just not comfortable with it yet. I have others I don't need to think about to use.
Same with the laser I would not just slap one on an expect to use it effectively right away.
Daughter 380 LCP 21 feet quick fire 4 mag changes no stopping. Lasyerlte side mount in door full light. 30 rounds 95Gr flat all thirty are there. She is a shooter this was done after 20 minutes of work dry fire and give it a go. First live fire with a Laser device. Start was weapon unloaded laser off.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I have a green that will paint at night 1/4 mile and in very cold weather. So it works. Had it out last night and made a few 20 meter shots with it.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I have a green one now and it is very bright. They are stupid in that they let everyone know exactly where you are but there is certainly a coolness factor.

·
9,023 Posts
I've got a few camber lights with red lasers (don't know why they bothered). I think I'll set the laser to on and point it in the direction of the bad guys as I sneak around and flank them.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
My wife has a red laser sight on her carry pistol. That is the only gun we have with a laser sight.

I know the red lasers sights are charged with helium-neon gas and I am pretty sure the green ones are argon gas. The helium-neon laser will start to spread out like a flashlight in a much shorter distance than the argon laser. It may be a moot point since I am guessing you would not use a laser sight for longer distances anyway. But that is why we have chosen to go with old-fashion scope and iron sights technology on our weapons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts