Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebirth of the 9mm revolver yes you read that right. There have been 9mm revolvers they came and went . A couple adapter systems came and went
You may find this of interest. Flexibility is number one for a prep-er.
Charter Arms Rimless Revolver

Reactions: 9UC

·
Super Moderator
9,224 Posts
I don't know about most available. I went to 2 stores today and they had only .40, .10 and a few .22. No 9mm, .223 or .45 acp. Bummer. Going to Cabela's tomorrow.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for the info and I'll keep an eye on it and see how it fares on the market. That might be a solution for DW as she can't or won't learn how to operate a slide.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
I clicked on the link, the 45 ACP looks interesting.
My pocket carry is a Charter Arms 44 Special, with Winchester Silvertip JHP it has almost the same on-paper ballistics as a 45 ACP. But sometimes ALMOST just ain't enough.
My wife's pocket gun is a Charter Arms 38 Special.
Although a Charter is not a S&W, there is nothing wrong with it, either.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
I haven't seen the 9mm Charter in stores yet.

I had a Charter U/C Lite in 38 that I should have kept.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I like combination calibers. Hence I prefer the 38/357 revolver / lever action then a 9mm and carbine that can use
the same magazines. Not sure why I'd prefer to go with a 9mm revolver when the semi auto's carry far more rounds
and have good balistics? Not too mention you can get them in all shapes and sizes - maybe that's why several have
come and gone?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
PS as to ammo shortages....I think it will pass. I worry more about the hi cap magazines
taking a hit. Though I suspect hi cap magazines will be easier to create on a 3d printer
then a lower receiver or revolver.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Taurus also had that little "ULtra Lite" M380 I checked one out and it is definitely Ultra-Lite I wanted to get one but just couldnt find one worth getting at the time. The place I checked it out had it for sale for $89 more than retail so I passed for the time

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
You used to be able to get a 9MM cylinder for the .357 Blackhawk. Maybe still can.
Way back when I bought mine I couldn't see any reason for paying the extra money.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just a couple weeks ago I purchased a Ruger Blackhawk Convertible, in a .357 magnum/.38 Special, with the extra 9mm cylinder. I haven't gotten the chance to shoot it yet, but the main attraction for me is just the fact that you can shoot three of the most popular handgun calibers through the same gun.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
Just a couple weeks ago I purchased a Ruger Blackhawk Convertible, in a .357 magnum/.38 Special, with the extra 9mm cylinder. I haven't gotten the chance to shoot it yet, but the main attraction for me is just the fact that you can shoot three of the most popular handgun calibers through the same gun.
I have the Blackhawk 45 Convertible. Two cylinders, one for 45 Colt, one for 45 ACP. I plink with 45 ACP hardball, for serious use it carries the 45 Colt. With a Blackhawk the 45 Colt can be uploaded to 44 magnum levels (and above), or downloaded to the relatively weak Cowboy Action rounds.
My 357 Blackhawk is a Flat Top, made in 1959. Love it!

Reactions: AvengersAssembled
1 - 18 of 18 Posts