Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im starting to feel like a cornered cat.

They read the king verdict on a wednesday riots were immediate. 55 people died and 2k injured that day.

do you think they will give notice before reading the verdict? allow everyone to get home and not be caught downtown shopping at work or trying to get home. I have advise friend to go get at least 1+2 weeks of food in case the stores are rioted or transportation is slowed or just to minimize circulating if you dont have to.

will we wake up to marshall law? what does that include? i hear the senario but not the details. how can we encourage the powers to wait for people to get home...

some think the result will be read as early as this weekend, but soon. im scared. the hate is brewing.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
For sure, I agree with you, the hate is brewing, and the pot is boiling over..
I think there will be no warning, and you are wise to be ready, as far as getting home or getting stuck in the middle "of a all out riot", I am very concerned for you, I hope you are safe and sound whenever they read "the verdict". My fiance lives in a predominantly latino neighborhood, and where I live, there is a very small amount of people that might cause trouble, but if this goes on for two weeks, I'll be in Arkansas on Vacation, and yes, we will be loaded to the gills..
Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. I wish you the best...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you deebo. i live in upper middle class area of the san fernando valley. sherman oaks, taluca lake, valley village, but its just that trouble is just a block away. the mansions that surround my apt building may attract badness.
Im mainly concerned with marshall law coming round taking my few side arms and little bit of ammo that i do have for protection. I have moved my sons ammo hoard and his gun collection to a place in santa barbara so his things are safe. the bad part would be leaving my area if shit really got bad to a safer further from the city area.

i have several concerns. losing what i do have to marshall law and not being able to protect myself. and how am i sposed to be have? I was about 20-21 when the king riots went to long beach. call me gun shy.

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
The defence is suppose to end its case Wed. So could be as soon as Thur that there is a verdict.

Sanford police never never charged Zimmerman with a crime as there wasn't a case against him. It was obuma running his mouth & pushing for charges. And if the jury goes by the facts there still is no case against Zimmerman.

But as with anything, its best to be prepared. I suspect there will be places that people will want to riot no matter what the verdict is.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I feel you, I was there two weeks before the riots, and was freaked out by them. I have been worrying lately also, the news would probably depict me as a "gun and ammo hoarder", if they came to do an inventory. Apartment buildings are tough, becouse you aren't supposed to modify things, I have almost all my gear "hidden", where LEO might find it, but a burglar/theif would never. Sticky situation, not wanting to be sitting on a stockpile, but not wanting it out of your site at the same time.
I hope marshall law wouldn't go around collecting, but, this is what they really want, so it may start. I dont know , hard decisions, I will p.m. you a few of my ideas, but you are in a pickle.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wonder is marshall law city or county or just effected area? i certainly dont want to have all my eggs in one basket. if i do have to leave unarmed i dont stay unarmed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
We lived in Riverside on the 91. I still remember all the CHP and sherriff cars heading toward LA that night. I spent the night with a UZI in my lap courtesy of the head of the campus PD where I was working. As scary as it was I didn't have the bad feeling I have now. I guess the fact that the media will whip this into a frenzy so they can cover it. At least we had Chief Gates on watch. Stay safe and watch your six!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Shotlady, I wish I could write that there is nothing to worry about, but it's simply not the case. I'm afraid if Zimmerman is found not guilty, there will be riots, my guess it in most part, the law will stand back and allow it to happen. Be very careful, you outta make plans to leave not only L.A. but the whole crazy state (with perhaps the most northern part of Calf) the loonies have taken over that place many years ago.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If a "not guilty" verdict comes down and all hell breaks loose, I'd like to be there with my BOV to run point out of town! There's not too much that would be able to stop a caravan if my beast is in the lead! A crowd of rioters? YEAH SURE! If they don't have the brains enough to get out of the way, they deserve to become part of the big red stain on the street! If they think I'll stop so they can "Reginald Denny" my ass, OH ARE THEY IN FOR A BIG OL DIESEL FLAVORED SURPRISE!!!!! lol

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
There is nothing I can do to prevent crazy people from doing what crazy people do, regardless of which way the verdict comes down. We have prepared as well as we can; the rest in in God's hands now.

On the concern of martial law, I highly doubt this will become out of control enough to even consider martial law. But if it does come to that, all I can say is look around at this board and the thousands of others just like it. Good luck with gubmint's martial law... Guns? What guns? Oh, I sold those to a guy name Rufus who gave his address as "the '78 Monte Carlo over on 34th street..."

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've had the talk with my wife about what to do the day the verdict is read. We've covered what to have with her as well as multiple routes to take. I'll also make sure the radios are charged up.

She works at a major hospital and would likely be considered essential personnel in the event of large scale civil unrest. I'm not liking that at all, but if she had to be stuck somewhere, there are worse places I guess.

The one thing going for us is that if there are going to be race riots in our immediate area someone is going to have to bus them in...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think it would be smart Shotlady to be prepared ahead of time and not be in town. Consider taking some time off if not just the day and go somewhere out of town. Bugout with your gear and guns to a friends or a safe hotel out of town, before the verdict is read. Then come back when everything has cooled off.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Personally I dont think this one is going to be at the Jury very long at all. I think the verdict is going to come pretty quick. Under the best of circumstances with whats been made public from a fact stand point, Id be blown out of my socks if they come back with a guilty verdict. That being said a large part of our society will not accept that and as such I am sure there will be some civil unrest. Will it rise to the level of what we saw in LA? I dont know but I am sure we will be finding out soon!

Going by the store this afternoon might be a prudent thing to do and stock up on a couple weeks worth of fresh veggies and meat and perhaps some canned goods just in case. Definitely might want to top off the vehicles on the way home from work and fill the spare gas cans. Might wanna make sure you got at least 2 gallons of water per a person for the next week or so stashed away as well. Would also probably be a good time to test fire the genset as well just in case its needed. I guess beyond that we will just have to stand by while the ship is in a turn and comes about...

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
I must admit, although I live I in the suburbs of a major city, Houston, I would not want to be near some cities like la, Chicag, Detroit and New York. Houston PD doesn't put up with riots. The only thing I can say is that usually these racists show their intelligence and burn down there own neighborhoods. That will most likely be the case. If, and it's a big if, they moved toward other neighborhoods I think they'd have a large surprise.

I also seriously doubt, and hope too, that martial law would not be an issue. Even if it was, no one but no one would take my supplies... Ever.

So, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Oh, and I think if a verdict is reached it will be a weekday and not a weekend. The reason being is that "they" want people at work and not home getting riled up. Little do they realize that most of the rioters actually don't work.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Personally I dont think this one is going to be at the Jury very long at all. I think the verdict is going to come pretty quick. Under the best of circumstances with whats been made public from a fact stand point, Id be blown out of my socks if they come back with a guilty verdict. That being said a large part of our society will not accept that and as such I am sure there will be some civil unrest. Will it rise to the level of what we saw in LA? I dont know but I am sure we will be finding out soon!

Going by the store this afternoon might be a prudent thing to do and stock up on a couple weeks worth of fresh veggies and meat and perhaps some canned goods just in case. Definitely might want to top off the vehicles on the way home from work and fill the spare gas cans. Might wanna make sure you got at least 2 gallons of water per a person for the next week or so stashed away as well. Would also probably be a good time to test fire the genset as well just in case its needed. I guess beyond that we will just have to stand by while the ship is in a turn and comes about...
They may find him guilty for political and racist expediency. I have little faith in our justice system and our populace of jurors.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts