Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Do children have a right to a trial by a jury of their peers?
Do children have a right to privacy?
Children do not enjoy all rights. Period.
This also includes a right to keep and bear arms.

I am not the one working with a flawed premise here.
Do any amount of research on rights of children. You're fabricating an argument from whole cloth that has no legal or historical precedence.
All of this was covered, with support, already. But you don't want me to ask you to do your due diligence before continuing the conversation, so I guess I'll just imply that you should...
Here's one post to reference: Raising the legal age of adulthood. Let's discuss.
The right goes with the being not the age. You say children ar
en't adults, yet we try them every day in court for crimes they commit. That means they get the extra same rights as some fool in her ,60's. 4th, 5th, 6th 7th and 8th amendments to the constitution. Now explain why the second doesn't pertain to a child?

Unfortunately I'm not the one with the faulty logic

But you've got your mind all wrapped around an axle so further talk to you won't change that so grab a beer a smoke put on your favorite music and enjoy the day

Reactions: inceptor

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
My proposal is intended to target a broad point. Children should not be entrusted with rights only fit for adults, such as marriage, voting, self-governance, bodily autonomy, guns, and others.
My proposal would reset the age of majority back to what was once considered a more appropriate age for these rights to be exercised.
It seems your age limit needs to be upped. On the local news tonight, it turns out that the gunman who targeted Koreans was a 37 year old man. He hated Koreans, he said.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
The right goes with the being not the age. You say children ar
en't adults, yet we try them every day in court for crimes they commit. That means they get the extra same rights as some fool in her ,60's. 4th, 5th, 6th 7th and 8th amendments to the constitution. Now explain why the second doesn't pertain to a child?

Unfortunately I'm not the one with the faulty logic

But you've got your mind all wrapped around an axle so further talk to you won't change that so grab a beer a smoke put on your favorite music and enjoy the day
How many of them have unfettered free speech rights? ZERO. (court rulings state children do not enjoy an absolute right to free speech, specifically in school) (1st amendment)
How many of them can retain their right against unreasonable search and seizure that their parents can't override? ZERO. (4th amendment)
How many of them enjoy a right to liberty, able to leave their parent's guardianship at will? ZERO. (takes a court order) (5th amendment)

They absolutely do NOT enjoy the same rights as a 60 year old.

If you can tell me why the above statements are false, we can talk about this fiction concerning children possessing a right to firearms.
The age of majority must be reached for all rights to be available.
Currently that age is 18, and yet all rights are not available. 18 year olds are children. They were considered legal "infants" at the time of the founding, and personally I think that's pretty comical.
21 should be the appropriate age of majority, as it was then.

·
Super Moderator
10,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
It seems your age limit needs to be upped. On the local news tonight, it turns out that the gunman who targeted Koreans was a 37 year old man. He hated Koreans, he said.
Nope.
Your logic, not mine.
That's a legal adult well beyond the age of majority.
Fry him.

·
Super Moderator
9,965 Posts
Nope.
Your logic, not mine.
That's a legal adult well beyond the age of majority.
Fry him.
Did you watch the press conference tonight? Brandon agrees with you.

Of course they'll be adding the assault weapon ban, high capacity magazine ban, and just for the fun of it, make the red flag law national. Oh, I almost forgot, they want to hold gun manufacturers responsible every time someone is killed.

·
Super Moderator
10,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Did you watch the press conference tonight? Brandon agrees with you.

Of course they'll be adding the assault weapon ban, high capacity magazine ban, and just for the fun of it, make the red flag law national. Oh, I almost forgot, they want to hold gun manufacturers responsible every time someone is killed.
He wants the age of majority raised to 21?

·
Super Moderator
10,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
If he can't get a gun ban in place, then he said the next best thing would be to raise the age you can buy one to 21.
Then he doesn't agree with me.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Those 18-21 need a compulsory service.
Military, Border Patrol, City Clean Up, Day Care, Senior Care, Hospital Care, whatever - just serve for two years and get them off to a better start then we are today.

·
Super Moderator
10,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Those 18-21 need a compulsory service.
Military, Border Patrol, City Clean Up, Day Care, Senior Care, Hospital Care, whatever - just serve for two years and get them off to a better start then we are today.
Involuntary servitude is a major violation of rights, irrespective of age.

Make it volunteer, and we can talk about "earning" adulthood a bit sooner via service to one's country.

Reactions: stowlin

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Involuntary servitude is a major violation of rights, irrespective of age.

Make it volunteer, and we can talk about "earning" adulthood a bit sooner via service to one's country.
Understand; I feel like there is plenty they can volunteer for, and if none of the options serve them they can volunteer to live in Iran, Venezuela, or North Korea. Sorry I'm just a little extra jaded with the youth of today.

·
Super Moderator
10,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Its really simple... We don't need to do any of that BS... Just teach gun safety in school & not being a puddy tat in our culter.
Practically speaking, how would you do that?
Your opposition is vehemently against introducing firearms to children because of an irrational fear. How do we effectuate the change we know is needed before the right is squashed for good? We're on the clock, and the countdown is speeding up.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Like everyone, I've been watching these cases in horror. I am diametrically opposed to anything that violates the second amendment and would never support any laws or gun bans that are so designed. It's easy to armchair quarterback and say how simple it is. "Just arm teachers", and "The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". I'm tired of hearing these tired arguments from the right and I'm sick of generally everything from the left. I know some teachers, they aren't exactly "gun people" nor are they inclined to carry a gun every day. The "Good guys with a gun" I'm sorry to say often stand behind their vehicles waiting for tactical teams or backup while people are bleeding out. That has happened in several mass shootings.

Where school shootings are concerned, they happen because an elementary school full of children is low hanging fruit. Easy pickings for a psychopath. Harden the schools. They may look like prisons rather than a school but it is a solid first step. SROs in every school and controlled access. I always considered school prison anyway. Put daisies on the gates and walls if you must.

We also have to realize todays kids, ain't us. I don't remember not having a gun of some type in my hand. I also don't have a memory of intentionally wanting to hurt anything. We were outdoorsmen, worked with our hands, couldn't wait to leave home, played pong instead of Grand Theft Auto and didn't know what "Incel" meant. Social media was tweaking your quadrajet in your A body with everyone in a parking lot.

Delay the age of adulthood? Not perfect to be sure, but something has to change.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yeah but you have a 70yoam at 1600 pa who's in his 2nd or 3rd child hood. Guess we should take the nuke football away from him

·
Registered
10,070 Posts

Attachments

101 - 117 of 117 Posts