Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I think an age restriction is just that, another restriction.
Kids are brought up by their sphere of influence, whomever or whatever that may be.
Go back to a time when you were brought up, and look at what made you respect other peoples lives.
Upbringing is the key here. We need to make that a priority in our teachings and raising of our children.

I know I digressed a bit, but laws make no difference to someone with intent. If Dad/Mom/Grandparents have a weapon in the house, the kid will figure a way to get it. Or, he will go out and get it. Or use something else. The internet, movies, can you show you all kinds of way murders happen, and have happened. Even teach you how to get away with it..

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Buddy of mine is a gun dealer buys and sells guns every weekend there is a gun show. Travels many miles across the state and attends all 3 days. Setting up 5-6 tables or more of guns. If you have the cash it's yours. Unless you look like your 12. All week long he hits sales both online and off. Trying to get more guns to sell. IMHO it's clearly a business. However he has no license, FFL of any kind. It's cash and carry, no paperwork of any kind.

Of course he calls it his collection. Ever changing collection but it's his "private collection". So he can sell whatever to whomever. It's his "right". He's the one playing the gun show loophole to it's fullest.

How does this work for your age related laws?? You can't control who gets a gun. You need to deal with the fact everybody may and can get a weapon.
He is no different than many people that do private sales. And that is what he does.
Dems, and many Pubs, dont want you to be able to sell privately..
And its not a loophole. He pays for a booth, laydown area to sell his personal items.. He cant sell ATF items, but he can sell anything legal at those tables.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Doing some more scrounging for historical context, I've discovered that at the time of the founding, and specifically when the constitution was written, anyone under the age of 21 was legally considered an infant, and was fully known to not possess all rights as an adult did.

This is found to be true in The American and English Encyclopedia of Law, Garland and McGeehee, 1900.
Carrying over from English common law in Institutes of the Lawes of England, 1628 to 1644.

So no, "infants" (what we now call minors) never enjoyed a right to arms, just as they didn't enjoy a right to vote, marry, or enter into contracts... until they reached 21.

It's high time we restored the age of majority back to 21. Centuries of history support it, and so do I.
Including voting age?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Government restricts the right to own a gun.. Restriction by definition and through cost.
Hillary wanted to up the tax on ammo. There is a tax right now on ammo for conservation of animals. So, it would have been easy to raise it significantly through Congress..
You can buy automatics. Not cheap.
They had semi autos back in 1791, and Thomas Jefferson had two.. Air powered, 46 caliber, 800 fett/sec.
Malitia act defined age..
We can play the game, but what it comes down to is family.. Family couldnt stop him.. They didnt try.. Hell, many forums knew he was planning, ie Facebook and Instagram.. LEO did nothing.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
You can buy privately, too. And that is a heart ache for dems..

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Just need to address the issue thay some people are evil.
People knew what this kid was thinking of doing, and they failed to do a damn thing about it.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Changing the age to buy alcohol didnt stop many from buying. Illegal drugs, same thing.
Watch what happens in Canada, with Trudeau stopping weapons purchases' etc..
And on a side note, nobody is prepared enough to go against our Government..

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
My point is criminals will be criminals. Laws that restrict us only restrict us..
Taliban didnt win the battles, but they won the political war..
There's no legal age for illegal drugs. Bad example.
Your last comment sounds a lot like Biden, and it's false. The Taliban proved that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts