Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
Staying alive
449 Posts
Sorry no I can't, have never seen one they are banned here like the Glocks.
You can only own gen one Glocks here, they existed before the ban went into effect.
We can own Gen 1,2, and some 3's here in MA from what I understand. My brother had a gen 3 .45 (I forget the # the "baby Glock") that he bought at a lgs.

I just wanted to edit this to say that was only the case before AG Haley's unconstitutional "AW ban".

Reactions: Any Beastie

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's my issue, time.

And FYI, I'm glad your here. you add a lot to this forum.
Time is a weird thing, its the one thing that is continual and never really started or will stop, but SOMEHOW there is never enough.
And thank you, I really enjoy it here. Great mods, interesting participants.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
We can own Gen 1,2, and some 3's here in MA from what I understand. My brother had a gen 3 .45 (I forget the # the "baby Glock") that he bought at a lgs.
I am in Mass, there were dealers that were selling gen 2 and 3's here and plenty at the shows.
The law was not well defined at the time, caused confusion at the time.
None of them are allowed, those that were sold were let to keep by the DA's office,
too many were sold to confiscate.
You can find used ones of 2 and 3 in the stores that were previously sold during that confusion period.
Have one that does not fit under the pass and you are in trouble when the FA-10 gets filled out online.
Go up against that ****** bitch of a DA and see what happens, she hates guns and men.
Mind you, I do not sell guns anymore, stopped selling in the 80's, I just repair them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have so many Glocks I’ve forgotten about some until I was digging through my safe.

it’s good to have those kinds of problems.

Why are the Glocks banned in Yankee Doodle land ?

·
Super Moderator
9,171 Posts
I am in Mass, there were dealers that were selling gen 2 and 3's here and plenty at the shows.
The law was not well defined at the time, caused confusion at the time.
None of them are allowed, those that were sold were let to keep by the DA's office,
too many were sold to confiscate.
You can find used ones of 2 and 3 in the stores that were previously sold during that confusion period.
Have one that does not fit under the pass and you are in trouble when the FA-10 gets filled out online.
Go up against that ** bitch of a DA and see what happens, she hates guns and men.
Mind you, I do not sell guns anymore, stopped selling in the 80's, I just repair them.
Haven't you heard? Friends don't let friends buy Glocks.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
I use to hate them, so not many....
I don't care for them at all, they are low level operator guns.
I have two of them, a 17 and a 23, never use or carry them, they are hidden in quick access places.
I did not buy them, they were inherited from two different people who willed them to me.
The hand me down is the only reason I keep them, also my daughter carries the 17 when we go to high threat level places along with her S&W 442.
I keep 10 high cap mags for both.
They are cheaply made of stampings and plastic crap. and I don't like striker guns.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't care for them at all, they are low level operator guns.
I have two of them, a 17 and a 23, never use or carry them, they are hidden in quick access places.
I did not buy them, they were inherited from two different people who willed them to me.
The hand me down is the only reason I keep them, also my daughter carries the 17 when we go to high threat level places along with her S&W 442.
I keep 10 high cap mags for both.
They are cheaply made of stampings and plastic crap. and I don't like striker guns.
Why would your daughter carry a crappy Glock 17 when she goes to “ high threat level places “ ? When you have plenty of high quality guns to loan her ?

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Why would your daughter carry a crappy Glock 17 when she goes to “ high threat level places “ ? When you have plenty of high quality guns to loan her ?
Ever argue with a woman and win???
I did not say they were unreliable, just crap built in my book, I am from the old school.
I even put a Lone Wolf stainless steel barrel in it and tritium nights sights on it for her.
She is 33 and has many of her own guns, long and short ones,
she even has a machine gun license.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The G23 would have a smaller grip and a larger caliber. Probably would recoil any worse than her air light .38

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ever argue with a woman and win???
I did not say they were unreliable, just crap built in my book, I am from the old school.
I even put a Lone Wolf stainless steel barrel in it and tritium nights sights on it for her.
She is 33 and has many of her own guns, long and short ones,
she even has a machine gun license.
Yah, I hear you. I’ve replaced factory parts as well. I just bought a Lonewolf frame for the G20 and G21 slides. Picked it up yesterday.

Regardless, I can shoot them like nobody’s business and they’re lightweight. 👍

High cap mags are legal here and the parts are widely available. The triggers are basically the same no matter which G model you pick up, even if crappy you can get use to it.
So I have several guns with the same trigger break, I like that.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
The G23 would have a smaller grip and a larger caliber. Probably would recoil any worse than her air light .38
Did you not read? We cannot own anything above a gen I Glock, 96 or 98 law here.
She likes her 442, first gun she ever bought for herself,
shoots wadcutters in it for practice and carries +P JHP for social work.
I carry a Smith 642 and a Sig 228 for most colder weather and a Smith 3913 in the summer.
We are rural with little threat here, but do go into high level places when needed such as doctors.
Then I carry a Colt Commander 45 and the Sig 228 together.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did you not read? We cannot own anything above a gen I Glock, 96 or 98 law here.
She likes her 442, first gun she ever bought for herself,
shoots wadcutters in it for practice and carries +P JHP for social work.
I carry a Smith 642 and a Sig 228 for most colder weather and a Smith 3913 in the summer.
We are rural with little threat here, but do go into high level places when needed such as doctors.
Then I carry a Colt Commander 45 and the Sig 228 together.
Yah buddy, I did read.
You posted that you had a G23 and a G17

She’s carrying the 17........I suggested the 23

Are you saying that you can’t legally carry the 23 ?

You posted that she carried two Guns in high threat level areas.....one was the G17.

I carry a 10mm we have black bear here and wild pig.

If you think going to the Dr is high level threat You’d think I live in a war zone 🤣

Come to think of it, I probably do!!!!!🤔
We had 6 shootings in 2 days......just last week.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Sorry I thought you posted a Glock 33.
She does not care for the 23.
The 17 was my brothers and thus there is an attachment to it,
her only uncle she knew on this side of the family.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sorry I thought you posted a Glock 33.
She does not care for the 23.
The 17 was my brothers and thus there is an attachment to it,
her only uncle she knew on this side of the family.
No problem, we’re all friends.

What do you think about the Lonewolf stuff ?

101 - 120 of 122 Posts