Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was mining my dead hard drive for any recoverable files, I came across this. I don't ever recall saving it, but it was dated 9/2010. I thought it was worth posting here.

Raise your hand if you’re a redneck.

You know, the type of redneck we all think about. That small sliver of American demographics whose lifestyle and beliefs are considered backwards and outdated.

Jeff Foxworthy, who currently hosts the game show “Are You Smarter the a Fifth Grader?”, made millions telling all those redneck jokes. But today, the definition of redneck has changed.

Yes, rednecks are still a small sliver of American demographics whose lifestyle and beliefs are considered backwards and obsolete.

So let’s see who is a redneck now.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say ' Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

You might be a redneck if:
You bow your head in silence when someone else prays, regardless of his or her religion.

You stand and place your hand over your heart when the National Anthem is played.

You treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: The only time you’ve burned the American flag is during a dignified disposal ceremony.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders……… and raised your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: During a parade, you stop talking, rise to your feet, remove your hat, and place your right hand on your left breast or against your forehead, whichever is appropriate.

You might be a redneck if: Whenever you see any U.S. military uniform, you silently say a short prayer, thanking God for those who are defending our freedoms.

Now, raise your hand if you’re a redneck.

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
As I was mining my dead hard drive for any recoverable files, I came across this. I don't ever recall saving it, but it was dated 9/2010. I thought it was worth posting here.

You know, the type of redneck we all think about. That small sliver of American demographics whose lifestyle and beliefs are considered backwards and outdated.

Jeff Foxworthy, who currently hosts the game show “Are You Smarter the a Fifth Grader?”, made millions telling all those redneck jokes. But today, the definition of redneck has changed.

Yes, rednecks are still a small sliver of American demographics whose lifestyle and beliefs are considered backwards and obsolete.

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say ' Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

You bow your head in silence when someone else prays, regardless of his or her religion.

You stand and place your hand over your heart when the National Anthem is played.

You might be a redneck if: The only time you’ve burned the American flag is during a dignified disposal ceremony.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders……… and raised your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: During a parade, you stop talking, rise to your feet, remove your hat, and place your right hand on your left breast or against your forehead, whichever is appropriate.

You might be a redneck if: Whenever you see any U.S. military uniform, you silently say a short prayer, thanking God for those who are defending our freedoms.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Count me in!

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
As we say in the Deep South, Hayel Yeah!
As Foxworthy said, we have a glorious absence of sophistication. You could say that we are proud of it.

The list offered by the OP isn't really accurate. For example, there was an Arab helicopter pilot student who would walk out of a classroom to pray to Allah. I was usually within fifty yards when he did that in the afternoon. I would stand up and start singing a couple of Jewish songs I knew. I did NOT bow my head while he prayed to Allah. :mad:

·
Administrator
14,856 Posts
i'm a Southron Redneck.
Bona fide, card carrying.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I
Come to Alabama. We'll accept you as a brother.
I would but if something happened to my CA girl, it would be closer to my kids.

Maybe WV where the toothbrush was invented. Otherwise it would be a teethbrush.😀😀😀😀

No offense meant to anyone from WV. It was just the right joke.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
I

I would but if something happened to my CA girl, it would be closer to my kids.

Maybe WV where the toothbrush was invented. Otherwise it would be a teethbrush.😀😀😀😀

No offense meant to anyone from WV. It was just the right joke.
I understand. Most of my decisions have been centered around family.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rednecks around here are the type that chain a dog up in the rain.

Have junk cars in their yards half taken apart and works on them all night and night.....for a damn week. It’s all methed up man.......I swear.

Have trucks that burn more 10w-40 than gas.

Lives in a trailer and calls it a trailer.

Owns a lorcin .380. Chrome finish.

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
Rednecks around here are the type that chain a dog up in the rain.

Have junk cars in their yards half taken apart and works on them all night and night.....for a damn week. It’s all methed up man.......I swear.

Have trucks that burn more 10w-40 than gas.

Lives in a trailer and calls it a trailer.

Owns a lorcin .380. Chrome finish.
Those aren't rednecks, those are trailer trash morons.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Those aren't rednecks, those are trailer trash morons.
Here in south Alabama we have a different definition. We consider redneck a derogatory term. We prefer country boy or girl over redneck or would prefer southern belle or southern gentleman.

I guess it depends on who you ask.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Here in south Alabama we have a different definition. We consider redneck a derogatory term. We prefer country boy or girl over redneck or would prefer southern belle or southern gentleman.

I guess it depends on who you ask.
Uh, no. We don't. Get out of the city, slicker.
There's a difference between trailer park trash and redneck, kid. Take it from someone who has some dirt road in him that runs from Santa Rosa County, Florida, to Coffee County, Alabama.

·
Registered
340 Posts
There's a difference between trailer park trash and redneck, kid. Take it from someone who has some dirt road in him that runs from Santa Rosa County, Florida, to Coffee County, Alabama.
And you know, I was in a trailer park in 315 in the 80’s. So call me trailer park trash too.

Best move I ever made even if I paid ridiculous interest rates. Still cheaper than an apartment.

Paid it off, sold it for my down payment at a profit, bought a house with an option to convert the mortgage after 5 years to a 15 year based on the 7 yr average of the 1 yr T bills . Just had to get past one specific year.

You would think a millionaire would have the common sense to not to blast trailer park trash that could figure that stuff out before the internet.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You’re practically a yankee you live so far north of me. But if you want to be a redneck then I guess it’s your call.

Im currently on 20acres 20 minutes north of the city. Nice and quiet. 👍

1 - 20 of 122 Posts