Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a lot of things about urine, like that you can drink it more than once? Also, can/should I store my own urine? What's the shelf life? How many times can i drink it? Has anyone here ever drank their own urine? What's it like?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Seriously, pee is waste. Why put waste back in your body? Don't drink it, definitely don't store it. I have never pondered drinking pee because there is no point in drinking pee. Maybe think about storing water?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Seriously, pee is waste. Why put waste back in your body? Don't drink it, definitely don't store it. I have never pondered drinking pee because there is no point in drinking pee. Maybe think about storing water?
I agree, the only use it may have is as a source of nitrates for making improvised explosives and as a starter for composting. Anyone feel free to chug away but I'll take a cue from St. Arnold and have a beer, but stick around it'l be pee soon...

punch

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pee is excreted because it is the waste your body made during metabolism. If our body could use it, it wouldn't pee it out. If you drink it, you just drank back waste products, including ammonia. Not to mention, if you were dehydrated, the pee would be very concentrated. You would not eat poop. Why drink pee? The benefit of any fluid is lost by drinking metabolic waste products. Pee as a beverage is really oversold. I would invest in a water purifier, so if you have to, you can drink river or lake water.

·
Registered
105 Posts
you can drink urine in a survival situation though i dont imagine its much for taste... *gag* though it is perfectly sanitary when it exits your body. if you had something clean to pee into then drink it straight away after peeing it, then it is considered safe.

DO NOT STORE IT TO DRINK.... firstly, eww.. secondly, i'd imagine it'd get a smell even in a closed container, when you go to open it. it is only sanitary and safe to drink immediately after you pee.

urine is also great for the garden.

all it really is, is water, urea (in most beauty products and even in some animal feeds), and waste minerals and things that your body didnt use.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Pee is excreted because it is the waste your body made during metabolism. If our body could use it, it wouldn't pee it out. If you drink it, you just drank back waste products, including ammonia. Not to mention, if you were dehydrated, the pee would be very concentrated. You would not eat poop. Why drink pee? The benefit of any fluid is lost by drinking metabolic waste products. Pee as a beverage is really oversold. I would invest in a water purifier, so if you have to, you can drink river or lake water.
True and if you have been in a situation when water was lacking, you may have noticed that after drinking a half gallon of water (that is if you happen to have water) when you did go pee you would not see a half a gallon come out of winky. Our bodies are so efficient and between that and sweating you might be surprised what did come out. But for you hard core pee drinkers don't despair because what will make it into your pee goblet will be concentrated so you will still get that strong pee flavor some of you peethusiast love so much. You can do shots or simply add water to taste for that regular pee flavor you like oh so much. Me I'll have another beer.

Which reminds me of my favorite drinking song: "Do Re Mi"

"Do!" Is what I buy Beer with,
"Re!" A guy who sells me Beer,
"Mi!" Is who I buy Beer for,
"Fa!" Is where I hide my Beer,
"So!" I'll have another Beer,
"La!" La-la-la-la-la-Beer,
"Ti!" No thanks I ordered beer,
Which will bring us back to Do!

Please, hold your applause!

punch, (I are charmed)

you know fellers and lady...we are here prepping for shtf senarios and no one has gotten even so much as a hangnail not to mention castastrophic event, and some here are already drinking pee. (punch shacking his bewildered head) I don't understand... I may have to invest in not just child proof bottle caps but also adult proof bottle caps as well. One more thing to worry about...Thanks for nothing

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Out adrift in the deep blue sea in a liferaft when the water runs out. Pee will come in handy

I have some stored out in the barn from yesterday, it's frozen know. Anyone want a pee slurpee?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts