Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Another question... since we can't trust our own news media, what is being said across the pond about our upcoming problems?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think this guy has woken up I hope the rest of the EU sees it and what make people in the US think we are amune to something like this.
Damn. Now that is a rant! Although I don't agree with his idea of nationalizing the banks, it is concerning to me the large amount of ex-Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc. employees working in high ranking positions of our government and in the Euro governments. Do you really believe they have our best interests in mind??

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Another question... since we can't trust our own news media, what is being said across the pond about our upcoming problems?
The Brit media are far too polite to talk too much about another countries politics, but the ordinary outspoken Brit man and woman in the street would probably say America went bananas by putting a black Democrat Kenyan muslim in the White House for two terms! At least he's only got 3 years to go, so you can all look forward to seeing him vamoose..:)
Hopefully the Reps will field a good candidate next time, as Johnny McCain was a tad too old and Mitt Romney was too lightweight.
One recent bright spot was the appointment of tough-talking Nam vet Chuck Hagel as Sec of Defence..:)

Hagel quote, March 18th 2013- "The U.S. will add 14 new anti-missile interceptors in Alaska in response to North Korea's recent threats of a nuclear attack against the U.S"

http://www.executivegov.com/2013/03...-missile-interceptors-to-counter-north-korea/

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
The Brit media are far too polite to talk too much about another countries politics, but the ordinary outspoken Brit man and woman in the street would probably say America went bananas by putting a black Democrat Kenyan muslim in the White House for two terms! At least he's only got 3 years to go, so you can all look forward to seeing him vamoose..:)
Hopefully the Reps will field a good candidate next time, as Johnny McCain was a tad too old and Mitt Romney was too lightweight.
One recent bright spot was the appointment of tough-talking Nam vet Chuck Hagel as Sec of Defence..:)

Hagel quote, March 18th 2013- "The U.S. will add 14 new anti-missile interceptors in Alaska in response to North Korea's recent threats of a nuclear attack against the U.S"

Chuck Hagel: US Wants New Missile Interceptors To Counter North Korea
Tough talking with a very limp and happy wrist.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I think its pretty abhorrent that the Government that taxed these people on their earnings already are now taking the liberty of confiscating what they have worked so hard to save due to gross mismanagement and declaring it legal with the stroke of a pen and wink of the eye. What makes this so scary is the fact that it could easily happen here. Furthermore I wouldnt put it past this current administration to do something so outrageous and wrong. There has already be rumblings about government take over or retirement accounts "behind closed doors in some smoke filled rooms" here by some politicians.

It kind of makes me wanna pull my money out of the bank and "hide it under my matress" so to speak. I mean its not like the banks pay you enough in interest to keep up with inflation. The stock market is a complete crap shoot and bound to crash any day under the weight of the huge debt we have ran up in the last 4 years and will undoubtedly continue to run up at a record pace the next 4 years. What exactly can one do to protect their assets other than invest in precious metals?

Chuck Hagel is a looser! He is a token "Republican" who is about as weak as Juan McLame and Lindsey Gramnesty who the Obama administration has appointed to his cabinet as a show of "Bipartisanship" to give the appearence of "reaching across the ailse" and nothing more. No one in the Obama adminstration has so much as an ounce of integrity or honor. Besides I thought it was Obama that said North Korea and Iran were just little problems...if thats the case then why do we need missiles and why has he weakened the Stratigic Missile Defense System while in office? Why does he continue to weaken the military? Its only about 20% of the nations budget but yet we are growing welfare at an astounding rate and advertising in Mexico to would be illegals about to enter this country on how to work the system for welfare and government assistence once they get here? Hell we even let them vote in elections here in many precincts!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I couldn't care less what color he/she is. How they feel about our country and qualifications are what really matters. Now if you insist on a black president. Colin Powell would have been an excellent choice. Let's go one further... Black female! That ought to get some people fired up... Condoleeza Rice may have worked out well too.
Say what you want but my all time hero was President Reagan. A few more like him and we might just recover.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I plan on converting 2/3 of my savings to silver. With any luck the worst that happens is I make a few thousand dollars on it.

Reactions: AsteroidX

·
Registered
887 Posts
I dont have fluid cash for a good silver purchase but I plan on buying some every month instead of letting sit in the bank. can always cash back out. If you can survive a hit it will always return to value. Were actually due for the hyperinflation scenario at this rate.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
I to have thought about closing my savings account and if things keep going as such probably will....Lindsey Graham at least is still after answers about Benghazi and said that he talked to some of the survivors and said they told him they had been told to keep their mouths shut, State dept. still has not given all the names to Congress. cover up of the Traitors Clinton and Obama....Obama had hinted at one point taxing 401k's and such already ?? We may join Greece at some point....
My fine state of Michigan now is taxing 401K withdrawls, before 2012 it was just the Feds.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I've just remembered a news item on Brit TV a month or two ago about the gun control debate that's going on in America, the item only lasted a couple of minutes and it included footage of Obama sitting at a desk surrounded by cameras and reporters, signing document after document about gun regulations.
But the Brit reporter said something like- "Obama is simply signing to approve existing legislation, rather than introducing anything new".
So it looks like Obama's signing frenzy was just a show for the media without any real bite behind it ..:)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The real bite is happening in congress right now. The gun ban, universal background checks and others. You need to write, email or call your congressfolks now and keep it up daily. We can make a difference.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The real bite is happening in congress right now. The gun ban, universal background checks and others. You need to write, email or call your congressfolks now and keep it up daily. We can make a difference.
Senate Democrats Drop the Assault Weapons Ban From Major Gun Legislation
Senate Democrats Cave And Drop Assault Weapons Ban From Major Gun Legislation ? For Now | RevolutionRadio.org

But what needs to happen is for people to remember those that pushed the ban in the 2014 elections. The same thing that happened in 1994 that caused the Dem's to loose a lot of seats in the House and Senate when they pushed through the AWB. If the same thing happens again they will be very afraid to ever try this again for a long time. We will have to wait for some of the state elections to see what happens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts