Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we canned some potatoes yesterday with the pressure canner. we canned them at 11 psi for 40 minutes like the recipe said do. before putting the potatoes in the jars we boiled them for 2 minutes. we then scoopeed them out of that water and put them in the jars, at that point we filled the jars to 1 inch below threads with fresh boiling water.(not the water the taters were boiled in). so this morning when we got up after cooling all night the jars were sealed(lids sucked down, pushing on them they dont move or pop) BUT the water level in the jars is about 2/3rds way down the jar. did the potatoes absorb the water? are the potatoes still good? everything else we've canned was always full of water when they cooled so this is kind of worrysome. never had botulism?? sp.
but i'm sure it isnt fun so dont wanna have it lol. any help or personell experiences with this would be appreciated

John

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Some of my potato jars are only half full of water - not a problem - Inor hasn't keeled over yet. A bunch of my carrot jars were only two thirds full when done. As long as they sealed you are good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts