Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to throw this vent out there, Had and NRA solicitor call me yesterday and explain to me the "NSA was illegally recording conversations and gun registrations". She asked me for $100. I explained that I understood the arguement, But that it was Christmas, and this month was already screwed up, and my wording sounded something like " I do feel that this needs to be faught, but right now, donating could possible be the difference between food on the table or no food on the table". She then went on to explain that a $25 donation would really help....Really... Im outside with the kids building a dog kennel, and had to "accidentally" jump off the phone with her.
Anybody else dumb enough to put their cellphone number on their registration?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
It's not just the NRA, I have been getting calls from every type of organization. I found that things I like on Facebook has given these groups my information and so I have been getting a lot of emails and phone calls.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Chipper, I add ignore to the ones I know, but in my work, I sometimes get calls from all over the world, and if it doesn't say "my baby", or "mom's house", I usually just let them go to VM, but I answered. I guess i should have just "drove throu a tunnel".

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
We have been getting at least 5 per day as well. What cracks me up is when the RNC calls. I have bitched them out so many times and told them that I would only donate to individual campaigns so many times, you would think they would get the message.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I gave up on the NRA over 25 years ago and never looked back, their almost as bad as the Rino's in congress.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
You're basic yearly membership pays for the privilege of them stuffing your mailbox full of solicitations for money. Several years ago, my membership was coming due and I started getting reminders about 4 months out. Just prior to my membership expiring, I got "THE" letter. The letter that resulted in me telling the NRA, in a long and personal e-mail, to go f--- themselves.

You see, apparently it was members like ME, that directly led to the dismantling of, and the unopposed attack on, the Second Amendment itself. Yes everyone, the freedoms we no longer enjoy, the 7 round magazines, the gun bans around the country, are all, completely and unequivocally my fault, and mine alone. MAGPUL left Colorado, because of me. California, has all but stripped the rights of gun owners to own guns at all, because I didn't ship the NRA a $35 check.

Sorry. And for the NRA;

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You're basic yearly membership pays for the privilege of them stuffing your mailbox full of solicitations for money. Several years ago, my membership was coming due and I started getting reminders about 4 months out. Just prior to my membership expiring, I got "THE" letter. The letter that resulted in me telling the NRA, in a long and personal e-mail, to go f--- themselves.

You see, apparently it was members like ME, that directly led to the dismantling of, and the unopposed attack on, the Second Amendment itself. Yes everyone, the freedoms we no longer enjoy, the 7 round magazines, the gun bans around the country, are all, completely and unequivocally my fault, and mine alone. MAGPUL left Colorado, because of me. California, has all but stripped the rights of gun owners to own guns at all, because I didn't ship the NRA a $35 check.

Sorry. And for the NRA;

I really hate that the "free" gifts that they send are always cheap crap from China. I told them that I would renew my membership on my own and I didn't need weekly reminders and cheap trinkets to get me to do it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wow, and I thought I was the only unpatriotic gun lover out there!

I gave up on the NRA when they started blowing after Sandy Hook. Yeah, enforce the laws we already have on the books. But requiring a background check for every gun sold at a gun show, okay, doesn't infringe my rights...and might stop some idiot who really doesn't need a weapon.

The NRA is all about money these days, and I would love to see the expense accounts for the top brass. I hear they are well paid too. They don't reflect my views when they refuse to compromise or offer any good legislation or solutions.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I gave up on the NRA when they started blowing after Sandy Hook. Yeah, enforce the laws we already have on the books. But requiring a background check for every gun sold at a gun show, okay, doesn't infringe my rights...and might stop some idiot who really doesn't need a weapon.
I hope I'm misunderstanding your post. If I am, I apologize in advance and ignore the following; the universal background check had nothing to do with keeping guns out of criminals hands. Anyone who believed that, I have a bridge to sell you and some property in California for you to live on.

The universal background check was a precursor to a universal registration system. If you could never transfer a firearm -- even within your own family -- without a background check, they would have a clear and concise paper trail of where every single numbered weapon in this country was. No more boating accidents. Your rights were being infringed, make no mistake about it.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I hope I'm misunderstanding your post. If I am, I apologize in advance and ignore the following; the universal background check had nothing to do with keeping guns out of criminals hands. Anyone who believed that, I have a bridge to sell you and some property in California for you to live on.

The universal background check was a precursor to a universal registration system. If you could never transfer a firearm -- even within your own family -- without a background check, they would have a clear and concise paper trail of where every single numbered weapon in this country was. No more boating accidents. Your rights were being infringed, make no mistake about it.
Well said! There is no gun show loop hole that is propaganda created by the liberal media.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am totally conflicted when it comes to background checks. Some people who have guns legally are VERY questionable lol. I really don't think someone with a mental illness should own a gun. It is our 2nd amendment right, but who the hell would give a gun to a schizo? Come on now..

But then again, as for us regular folks, background checks may make it more difficult to get a gun and also put us in a national registry. Very split on this issue.

As for the NRA, fo-get those guys.

Reactions: Just Sayin'

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
I really hate that the "free" gifts that they send are always cheap crap from China. I told them that I would renew my membership on my own and I didn't need weekly reminders and cheap trinkets to get me to do it.
I got a nice black NRA hat with the American Flag on the outside,in violation of the flag code BTW. Inside it had a made in China hat. Well the folks where the hat was made must have a different shaped melon because it wouldn't fit.

I only joined since with a NRA membership I got the NRA Range Safety Officer class free, without membership it would have cost $35 + $5 for the year certs.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I am totally conflicted when it comes to background checks. Some people who have guns legally are VERY questionable lol. I really don't think someone with a mental illness should own a gun. It is our 2nd amendment right, but who the hell would give a gun to a schizo? Come on now..

But then again, as for us regular folks, background checks may make it more difficult to get a gun and also put us in a national registry. Very split on this issue.

As for the NRA, fo-get those guys.
I agree but your medical records are not checked with a background check, only criminal history. When you purchase a firearm from an FFL holder, you fill out a NIX form and you confirm that you are eligible to legally purchase a firearm. The FFL holder calls in with your name and date of birth as well as your SS# if you give it to them and confirms that you are legally able to purchase a firearm. A national registry is for the firearm and not you, so why would a government need to know this information unless it is to seize your weapon? I believe the system in place is adequate and in ALMOST all cases a firearm used in a crime is obtained illegally. The sandy hook shooter broke 13 laws even before he got to the school and he had been denied purchase of a firearm, no law would have stopped him.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Its just that time of year they all come out of the woodwork!! I would suggest pick the groups you are comfortable giving to and ignore the rest.. I have 3 i give to every year for the past 25 years :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I don't really give to anyone anymore and let me know if you think this is a silly reason. I give thousands of dollars a year thru CFC, Combined Federal Campaign. It is a way for federal employees to give a little from every pay check before taxes through out the year so at the end of the year it works out to be a sizable donation. I always have given to the Wounded warrior Project and have for several years. Well I was at an event and Wounded warrior was there and a lady representing them asked me if I would donate to them. I explained to her that I already have and do every year. She looked into her system and said to me rather smugly that I'm not in the system or a member so I must be lying. I told her about the CFC and that I have given thousands every year for many years, she said in a condescending sing songy voice that I must be mistaken or not being truthful.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I agree but your medical records are not checked with a background check, only criminal history. When you purchase a firearm from an FFL holder, you fill out a NIX form and you confirm that you are eligible to legally purchase a firearm. The FFL holder calls in with your name and date of birth as well as your SS# if you give it to them and confirms that you are legally able to purchase a firearm. A national registry is for the firearm and not you, so why would a government need to know this information unless it is to seize your weapon? I believe the system in place is adequate and in ALMOST all cases a firearm used in a crime is obtained illegally. The sandy hook shooter broke 13 laws even before he got to the school and he had been denied purchase of a firearm, no law would have stopped him.
I love the insanity that says some one bent on mass murder and suicide is going to abide by the restriction of a gun free zone.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts