Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are water professionals who got tired of waiting for major pump manufacturers to fill this age old need. Having your own drilled well is a major asset. Your own independent source of drinking water ! Modern submersible pump systems do an outstanding job of delivering water from your drilled source.....as long as the electricity is available. These systems take up a lot of room inside the usual 6" well and there have been no handpumps available, that a normal homeowner can install, with the submersible system in the well. Weight and cost are prohibitive, even with the very few products that have tried to fill the need. Something simpler and more affordable has been needed for decades.

We are completing Alpha testing this month on a new, simpler, homeowner installed hand pump that we feel anyone with average strength can install. Each system will be custom designed for each customer. The Storm Pump delivers 50 psi water at a rate of a gallon per 7 strokes of the handle from average depth. I will post more on this thread as we get closer to market. Comments are invited.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leon, we will be doing some Beta testing soon, sending discounted systems to a limited number of customers so that we can see if our instructions for installation are easily understood. Feel free to contact me at 208-277-7416 anytime for information, answers, or progress reports and i will see what we can do for you. My name is Fred.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds interesting.. I'm sure many will be happy to purchase this item. I only have a shallow well with pump in basement. Easy to install a hand pump. I will follow this though for others....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Watercanlady, you don't need this but most folks who live on drilled wells need one that will fit in it with the standard(electrical) pump in place when an emergency takes out the power. Your comments are certainly helpful here though. Thank you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Watercanlady, you don't need this but most folks who live on drilled wells need one that will fit in it with the standard(electrical) pump in place when an emergency takes out the power. Your comments are certainly helpful here though. Thank you.
I am excited about this for the people who do need it. My best friend included. I will be following this thread for sure....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Lady! We will have much more info and videos when we finish the Beta tests. We are aiming for Sept 1 to get the pumps out to customers for their reaction and any final tweeking. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The system costs will depend on each individual well, of course, but I will be able to give some average costs very soon. Stay tuned :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I promised updates earlier. We have been testing to be sure we have a simple, virtually maintenance free, efficient, easily installed, pump system for emergencies. Our original piston seal survived 2,000 pump strokes and looked good but failed at about 2,500 cycles. That was unacceptable to us. We have just completed more than 50,000 cycles on the improved design and have declared a winner! There has been no measurable wear.

We will now fine tune our installation instructions, produce some accompanying DVDs, open a website, test the Storm Pump on a control group of customers, incorporate their impressions........ and bring it to the high volume market before the end of the year. Small orders will be taken in the next 4-6 weeks.

Our mission was to produce a highly efficient system that can be installed in a drilled well regardless of whether a submersible electic pump is in place or not. We also wanted it light enough and simple enough for most customers to install in their well without a hoist truck or professional help (that costs $$) and durable enough to last many many years with only periodic, very easy maintenance.

I would be delighted to answer questions by phone or email. 208-277-7416 or [email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just another progress report. We have chosen the final piston design after several strong endurance tests of various seals. The one we have been trying to make fail since my last update appears to be practically immortal. We will continue the test but are now moving into the cosmetic phase and will install the first market product in my well in the next week or two. That installation will provide the pictures and installation video that will accompany the first units sent to customers. I will put pictures here and a link to our website as soon as they are available.

By the way, the design testing (trying to find a seal replacement point) has exceeded 225,000 pump strokes with no loss of pressure...... it is a winner. Maybe I should change the name to immortal :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
It looks like stormpumps two week update will be a 2+ months update. Here's to hoping the field trials didn't fail (raises glass....) and that they are just putting on the final touches.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for the delay. We set a high bar for Storm Pump. "nearly maintenance free for longer than needed" was a priority. NOW we can offer it for sale. We completed an endurance test of 250,000 pump strokes(more than 25,0000 gallons) without losing pressure. Visit our still under construction website for a look: Storm Pump Emergency manual backup hand pump for your deep well . We will have the PayPal button and video up soon.

Call me or email me for more detail at :

208-277-7416 or [email protected]

·
Registered
640 Posts
I guess I posted 7 minutes too soon! :)

Thanks... I'll check it out.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts