Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most folks on this group who reload, I've got thousands of real primers. But it's always good to have a backup plan.

I ordered a Prime-All kit 6 or 8 weeks ago and it finally showed up last week (two months seems like the typical waiting time for this stuff, ...a sign of the times I suppose).

A single batch of this stuff (per the instructions) reloads about 20 primers. I mixed a double batch because it was easier to work with and I wanted at least 30 rounds for testing. I ended up with 37 primers after loosing a few trying to reinstall the primer anvils.

Short answer:
Judging from a really small sample, this stuff appears to work pretty good.
I fired the worst looking 7 primers in an empty case just to make sure they worked, all 7 fired with no problem. I loaded the other 30 with medium loads of 3 different powders (10 each with AR Comp, CFE 233 and VihtaVuori N133) . All 30 fired just fine. ...it was too windy to set up paper targets so I don't know if my groups were bad but I wasn't trying to make match ammo so it doesn't really matter. I punched the barrel at the range and gave everything a good cleaning when I got home (this stuff is mildly corrosive).

I had to deviate from the instructions because snapping the anvils back in was turning into a mess. But once I got my own method down it was easy enough to do.

Pressing the primers into the case was a little nerve racking, I thought a few would go off in the press but none did. ...I used ugly brass and regular ol' 55 grain FMJBT's. ...I set the fired brass aside for the next test, I don't want to use good brass on corrosive primers.

At $20 bucks for a kit that reloads about 2,000 primers, I think it's worth having. I ordered two more kits to stash away in case joe and cameltoe outlaw them in a future anti-gun bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like most folks on this group who reload, I've got thousands of real primers. But it's always good to have a backup plan.

I ordered a Prime-All kit 6 or 8 weeks ago and it finally showed up last week (two months seems like the typical waiting time for this stuff, ...a sign of the times I suppose).
View attachment 112821

A single batch of this stuff (per the instructions) reloads about 20 primers. I mixed a double batch because it was easier to work with and I wanted at least 30 rounds for testing. I ended up with 37 primers after loosing a few trying to reinstall the primer anvils.

Short answer:
Judging from a really small sample, this stuff appears to work pretty good.
I fired the worst looking 7 primers in an empty case just to make sure they worked, all 7 fired with no problem. I loaded the other 30 with medium loads of 3 different powders (10 each with AR Comp, CFE 233 and VihtaVuori N133) . All 30 fired just fine. ...it was too windy to set up paper targets so I don't know if my groups were bad but I wasn't trying to make match ammo so it doesn't really matter. I punched the barrel at the range and gave everything a good cleaning when I got home (this stuff is mildly corrosive).

I had to deviate from the instructions because snapping the anvils back in was turning into a mess. But once I got my own method down it was easy enough to do.
View attachment 112820

Pressing the primers into the case was a little nerve racking, I thought a few would go off in the press but none did. ...I used ugly brass and regular ol' 55 grain FMJBT's. ...I set the fired brass aside for the next test, I don't want to use good brass on corrosive primers.
View attachment 112822

At $20 bucks for a kit that reloads about 2,000 primers, I think it's worth having. I ordered two more kits to stash away in case joe and cameltoe outlaw them in a future anti-gun bill.
I just tried some of this (Prime-All). Sorry to say that my experience was not good. Used 45 ACP case and large primers. I had zero results! Tried twice, five rounds each time. Not one fired in my 1911! I followed the instructions to the letter with NO results. Mixed the powders. fed the primers, used Acetone, installed anvils, and let dry 24 hours. Nothing happened! WTF, Over?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tried some of this (Prime-All). Sorry to say that my experience was not good. Used 45 ACP case and large primers. I had zero results! Tried twice, five rounds each time. Not one fired in my 1911! I followed the instructions to the letter with NO results. Mixed the powders. fed the primers, used Acetone, installed anvils, and let dry 24 hours. Nothing happened! WTF, Over?
SAME NO GO RESULTS... ONLY 1 fired out of 15-20 done....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have ordered several batches of this from them the last couple of years and use them to make BP caps from empty soda cans. It works like a charm although it is a bit tedious to do. But its a heck of a lot better than no time in the field or at the range. Its well worth it in my opinion!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts