Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not surprising, but it looks like everywhere I'm looking the prices of ammo and guns have skyrocketed. I figure in about 5 years, your regular AR that was purchased for $1000, will be $10,000 like what happened with the class III guns.

Have prices in your area stayed the same, sold out of ammo/guns or increased?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think at this point all we can do is speculate. There's no way to know. Many things could happen and us just taking any kind of ban and the outcome, bending over and saying "thank you sir, may I have another" is not what I'd prefer. States who actually care about the expanding federal control could truly secede. I'd move happily if my state didn't. Or people could take the country back by force. I'd say they could cry to their senators and congressman till they change their minds, but that doesn't do much. If it gets bad and the people just bend over and take it, I'll probably look to move out of this worthless country if that's what it comes to.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If congress does it's job and tells Obamalamadingdong to sit on his Wookies lap and rotate like they should, and no ban gets through, prices and availability should go back to normal. They're never going to be what they were 10 years ago, but back to close what they were 1 year ago atleast or close to.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed on buds gun shop (located here in KY), that the price of a bushmaster CAR15 223 16 BHS with reddot "bid" is at $2105.00 with 11 hours left. I was there about 2 months ago and the same gun was $800 range.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The prices are crazy. I guess I could sell my piston AR right now for somewhere around 2 thousand and change.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
At the local gun shop, all the ar's and ak's went last week.
So did the ammo and mags. Saturday morning i sold three handguns over the counter for the owner
his help was swamped with customers and getting nics checks was near impossible.
No one was trying to negotiate the prices, one guy said, on a 1911 to the guy in front, if you don't want leave it there i'll take it.
The only ammo on the shelves was the typical hunting stuff. "fighting" ammo was all gone.
Even the garands and carbines went. There were no self loaders left.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Prices at gunshows seem to have sky rocketed, but ammo prices and the like at local stores haven't really changed. They're completely sold out, but they haven't changed since before all of this started.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think at this point all we can do is speculate. There's no way to know. Many things could happen and us just taking any kind of ban and the outcome, bending over and saying "thank you sir, may I have another" is not what I'd prefer. States who actually care about the expanding federal control could truly secede. I'd move happily if my state didn't. Or people could take the country back by force. I'd say they could cry to their senators and congressman till they change their minds, but that doesn't do much. If it gets bad and the people just bend over and take it, I'll probably look to move out of this worthless country if that's what it comes to.
I'm starting to feel that way myself sometimes - and a lot of guys I have served with are down in Costa Rica and Honduras these days for just those reasons.

But then I got to thinking about it and decided I'm too beat-up, too many broken bones that cause me aches and pains these days, too much invested in what I have here, too many kids and such that I might miss, etc., etc., etc., ... so I finally decided to just stick-it-out and fight if it comes to that. I hope it doesn't, but if it does I figure I'll take some of the scumbags with me and probably bleed-out right here on my own property. There are worse ways to go - and there just comes a time when we might have to say enough is enough - and who knows, others might feel the same way and join-in taking back our country and restoring it to what the Founding Fathers envisioned.

In the meantime I still love my flag, my Constitution and my land - I just wish I could go back in time and warn the writers of our Constitution into making a couple of small tweaks that could have possibly prevented so much of this from happening.

1 - Word the 2nd Amendment so that there can be absolutely zero infringement upon our gun rights.

2 - Reword the 1st Amendment so that it cannot be abused.

3 - Limit the SCOTUS to nine members with no threat of expanding, or "packing," the court. (See Roosevelt's Court Packing Scheme in 1937 and how it completely changed our country.)

4 - I would have abolished slavery from the onset.

5 - Wording added to strengthen and guaranteed State's rights above Federal rights.

6 - Would have removed the "automatic citizenship to those born on American soil" clause and instead required all citizens to serve their country for a period of time in order to earn their citizenship and/or the rights of citizenship.

7 - Wording that would have mandated the closing of our borders and would have required strict rules and restrictions for gaining access.

8 - Strict and enforceable punishment for, and with a stronger and more succinct definition of, treason and sedition.

There would have been a few more tweaks, but those are the big ones I think about often.

Yes, guns are selling like hotcakes everywhere ... the question remains, what do we intend to do with them and is there enough ammo to go around?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Those are tweaks I like too. While nobody close to me has gone yet, my buddy's are talking about it and looking at different places in the world. Where your dollars are worth a lot more and go near 4 times as far. A much better style of living for the same amount in the account. I love my country and the constitution too, but it's being badly disrespected, betrayed and turned into a cross between a modern Nazi and communist state. If the people of this country in good number can't find the sense to see it, realize it can't be allowed to continue and backbone to do something about it, than to hell with them.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
@ Gallo Pazzesco

They did write the first and second amendment so that the meaning was very clear (especially during the time it was written) The meanings weren't even questioned until relatively recent times. Even going as far as using the phrase "shall not be infringed (Act so as to limit or undermine).
What they didn't do was to write into the bill of rights a penalty for any politician not following it.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
There are plenty of things afoot driving up prices. Those of us in California konw the "end" is near for the black rifle and its driving
prices through the roof. The "end" we perceive is not congress but our CA legislature. When the newly elected body takes over in
January they have a 2/3rds majority of liberal democrats in both legislative bodies and gov. moonbeam on the other side. Oddly
enough moonbeam is our only hope - he's been relatively pro gun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The prices are up because there are a lot of first timers who dont know much about the AR let alone fire one. So they dont really know the going rate for prices and what not. and They are desperate because of all these hype. And it is selling at high prices on auction site and gun shows because it is a capitalist society and if there is someone willing to pay at that price then there will be people willing to sell at that price.

For the rest of us, we know what is fair so we wont be sucker into this stupidity.

First of all, the thing that happen two friday ago, well the AR was actually left int he car. No one was shot with the AR. so it is just all media being stupid again. Go read the official report. It was all handguns. The coroner should be fired if he cannot tell a .223 from a 9mm. NRA should also sue his ass for BS-ing.

There are absolutely cannot be another gun ban. It just will not happen. Firearm insdustry is huge in the US. No way. The House is run by Republicans which means no law will get passed in the House. No law will also be passed in the Senate because eventhough it is a slight majority by the Democrats, more than half of those democrats are conservative Democrats which means they vote just like a republican. If any republican or conservative democrat vote for the ban then they will loose their seat in the next election which is two years from now. So I doubt anyone will be stupid enough to vote.

The only thing that they can possibly ban is high capacity magazines. which has nothing to do with the gun. This I am 100% sure will get pass. But not for the gun. If any ban was to be pass it will only last 10 years and then it will have to re instated. By then it will be a different President. so it wont be reinstated.

That is my two cents. Buy while you could but dont get raped while doing it. Be smart stay on budget. If you want get the magazines right now. that will definitely be ban.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's mostly hype driving up the prices now. But just as with speculations driving up prices on other items and commodities, the cost will go down, but not to what it was. I'm sure most can remember pre-2008 firearm prices, or what you used to pay for gas, heating oil, gold, etc.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I not selling any of my stash. I am adding to it and hiding it well.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i paid 300 more than suggested retail before all this because im in los angeles. its normal for here, because they can.

and i dont mind, because i can.

i have the ammo hook up. i just got 2000 .223 for 600 and 1000 9mm for 160. cash out the door, but that because my friend owns the factory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts