Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be careful of realtors...I personally know one on vancouver island, she buys cheap land anytime she can find it, usually outside city limits and toward the north/WEST coast...., then markets these properties as bug-out land and doubles the price...fact, they are usually out for the cash and the cash only....If she does it.."they all do it"

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I looked up property in a few states and there are some nice deals on there. Especially if someone was interested in owner finance so not to have to deal with any banks. I seen some nice property in Red LodgeMt for less than $30k for 20 acres and less than $300 a month. We were in Red Lodge last week. It was a very nice place on the southern border of Mt. It is more of a tourist/ski town so the population isn't too high either.. There were several places like that is several states I looked up. So if someone was really interested in a place to bug out to. Or even a small vacation place, this is a decent site to check out.. If you are willing to leave your comfort zone and take a chance, there is always a way to follow your dreams!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked up property in a few states and there are some nice deals on there. Especially if someone was interested in owner finance so not to have to deal with any banks. I seen some nice property in Red LodgeMt for less than $30k for 20 acres and less than $300 a month. We were in Red Lodge last week. It was a very nice place on the southern border of Mt. It is more of a tourist/ski town so the population isn't too high either.. There were several places like that is several states I looked up. So if someone was really interested in a place to bug out to. Or even a small vacation place, this is a decent site to check out.. If you are willing to leave your comfort zone and take a chance, there is always a way to follow your dreams!!
Did you stop in at Red lodge brewing and try their beer? My wife and I went thru there last September and loved the area! We are looking at property in the Boise area as we want milder winters.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Good link man. Spent about an hour poking around. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
It was about a year ago my brother found a listing on the site this one uses, landsofamerica I think it is...about 20 miles from us. He thought it might have been a neighbors propert and included some water rights. I called the neighbor whom I've known 39 years since I was 9 when my dad bought 3 parcels in the area for hunting. He was struggling he admitted with some health issues and finances and needed to unload a parcel. He eagerly said I could buy one next to our existing 4 ( I had used my IRA to buy one just a year earlier and had leveled and worked up a section and leased to another neighbor). My brother arranged the loan and we bought it. We now have five sections but I'm thankful for free listing sites.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Did you stop in at Red lodge brewing and try their beer? My wife and I went thru there last September and loved the area! We are looking at property in the Boise area as we want milder winters.
Yes, we were there for a few days actually. We ate at Carbon County Steak House several nights while there. Great food!! One of the best steaks I ever had! Apparently on Tuesdays they have $5 muscles when you order a steak. It was like 3lb for $5. We thought they would be small orders so orders 3 of them. Man was I surprised!! Good thing there were a few of us.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The wife and I recently bought a small home and 8 acres in the Ouichita Mountains of SW Arkansas, the land prices there are very reasonable, is very rural, (very few neighbors). Small town about 15 miles away with real nice people. Found the place on Zillow of all places.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
The wife and I recently bought a small home and 8 acres in the Ouichita Mountains of SW Arkansas, the land prices there are very reasonable, is very rural, (very few neighbors). Small town about 15 miles away with real nice people. Found the place on Zillow of all places.
Hopefully you and your wife will be able to join up with many of us at Beaver's Bend, OK on the last weekend in June. That is not far from you.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
My dad found a site years ago, billyland.com or something to that effect. Place pretty much sells different sized parcels on large plots of land, some neat stuff in there. Some with utilities/power, a lot without, some with small cabins already on them. If I remember correctly, it's like an owner contract or something like that. Put a little down, make a monthly payment, one day it's yours. Some good deals.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
Not per se the best location but lots of hunting potentials.

I'm more than willing to help anyone get a property secured up here. its on a lake and river, all the ammenities of life. Northern no nonsene sort of folk.
see the insite link of the thread I made for that
http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...pate-bugout-development-prepper-training.html

Lots of fishing potentials.

There are animals up here but I think that their stocks should be supported more.

Invitation is there for anyone considering the move, seasonal, retreat or retirement up here.

Fairly cheap options available in town. I got my place for less than 10,000 with legal fees totally reasonable to get a solid property for under $100,000, and there are options for a fraction of that.

Turns it into a themed community... rather than building from scratch just move in.

its been around since the fur trade days, and even before that

take a look around town
Here

and the area just outside of town
[URL="https://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=longlac&aq=&sll=49.75288,-90.32959&sspn=8.306417,21.643066&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greenstone,+Thunder+Bay+District,+Ontario&ll=49.766667,-87.283333&spn=4.178401,10.821533&z=7&layer=c&cbll=49.784983,-86.132295&panoid=1ueoLKPVivGxuS3V2WOBZg&cbp=12,277.89,,0,-15.99&output=svembed]Here

[/URL]
http://goo.gl/maps/BvGE1

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hopefully you and your wife will be able to join up with many of us at Beaver's Bend, OK on the last weekend in June. That is not far from you.
Just looked it up, you're right it's not far. Is there a thread here on the gathering and if so please point me to it or PM me! Thanks.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I know my uncle purchased his non operating dairy farm for $40,000 in a duffel bag from a farmer :) lol
There was a barn and an old silo next to it. His first wife tried to sell it after he passed but nobody wanted it because there wasn't a house built on it. (Spelled lazy)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.