Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Administrator
15,774 Posts
Exactly Maine-Marine. Besides avoiding densely populated areas, it’s safest to avoid major highways, train tracks, power lines & jails. At first locust will be driving cars up to rural doorsteps. Don’t be near a road.
By the time things get that far gone, there will be no gasoline to drive out here to the boonies.
Besides, someone would have to be lost to stumble upon our place, unless they were locals.

· Registered
Food and medicines
174 Posts
Prepping within 350 miles of a city feels like decorating a coffin. Who’s ready to have millions of hungry, desperate and dangerous threats ready to pour through city windows and doors 24/7?
1) many wont make it past the gas they had in the tank
2) if atlanta is set up to sack and make a big prison....how many other cities are? They will only let what it takes to wreck the rural up out of the cities
3) arizona set up camps at their border with california to stop em there. I think new mexico is just going to blow the highway between here and el paso? How many other states are doing the same?
4) Tennessee has it all set up to run bunches of camps and those won't be wandering around - whats the status of camps in other states?

Its true that some places, like arkansas, are setup to be overwhelmed, like a bunch might be funneled there and dealt with however? They will let them pile up end to end on the highway and then spray a poo&puke disease, using the "conditions" to do to em whatever they want?

So its kind of where one is and looking at whether one might just be better off in hiding where they are? We set up to move to different sites if we had to and i hope we can? They can't get every place at once and people may be able to move to less active places until theirs is tenable again?

So there are many factors involved

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
By the time things get that far gone, there will be no gasoline to drive out here to the boonies.
Besides, someone would have to be lost to stumble upon our place, unless they were locals.
Let’s hope you’re right. It also helps if there’s only one road to your doorstep or town too. Preferably a dirt road and one that can be made to disappear fast.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
1) many wont make it past the gas they had in the tank
2) if atlanta is set up to sack and make a big prison....how many other cities are? They will only let what it takes to wreck the rural up out of the cities
3) arizona set up camps at their border with california to stop em there. I think new mexico is just going to blow the highway between here and el paso? How many other states are doing the same?
4) Tennessee has it all set up to run bunches of camps and those won't be wandering around - whats the status of camps in other states?

Its true that some places, like arkansas, are setup to be overwhelmed, like a bunch might be funneled there and dealt with however? They will let them pile up end to end on the highway and then spray a poo&puke disease, using the "conditions" to do to em whatever they want?

So its kind of where one is and looking at whether one might just be better off in hiding where they are? We set up to move to different sites if we had to and i hope we can? They can't get every place at once and people may be able to move to less active places until theirs is tenable again?

So there are many factors involved
Yes there are a lot of factors. One factor is crystal clear - the more distance you have from a threat the better. Yes, most won’t make it past the gas they had in their tank... in fact they not even make it off the couch. The real asymmetric threat comes from the unknown. If you captain a boat in the ocean all you can do is attempt to steer clear of threats. Distance is the key.

Here’s a free radius tool to see how many people are within your range.
Big Radius Tool: StatsAmerica

· Registered
51 Posts
Let's call a population of 100,000 or more a city.

Check the link: U.S. Cities with Population over 100,000

Try drawing a radius of 350 miles around each city. What are you left with?
Using the chart, you put up.

ALASKA which is more than TWICE the size of Texas has only one city over 100,000. Not to mention abundant FREE food, and water. After doing 11 years of research.......54 years ago I moved to Alaska to live in paradise. I even have a 30- foot (pure water) waterfalls on the property.

Did I mention it is 42 degrees above today.

· Registered
10,591 Posts
Using the chart, you put up.

ALASKA which is more than TWICE the size of Texas has only one city over 100,000. Not to mention abundant FREE food, and water. After doing 11 years of research.......54 years ago I moved to Alaska to live in paradise. I even have a 30- foot (pure water) waterfalls on the property.

Did I mention it is 42 degrees above today.
But it's not like parcels like that are a dime a dozen everywhere.

· Registered
10,591 Posts
True......But not many places in America or Canada off that either. We had free land up till about 40'ish years ago.

Did you know that less than "ONE PERCENT" of Alaska land is in private ownership.
Sounds like you're inviting 333 million people to move there. I wonder how that would turn out for you?

· Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like you're inviting 333 million people to move there. I wonder how that would turn out for you?
I'll let you do the math. 54 years ago Alaska population was 363.000, it is now double that, a bit over 700,000 that is a in a state twice the size of Texas.

Just for prospective. I live in a ten+ mile long valley, total population is eleven. The valley is completely surrounded by The Second Largest National Forest in America. Slightly over "SEVEN MILLION ACRES" of pristine paradise.

FRESH WATER.
Water Plant Natural landscape Larch Sky

· Registered
10,591 Posts
I'll let you do the math. 54 years ago Alaska population was 363.000, it is now double that, a bit over 700,000 that is a in a state twice the size of Texas.
And the relevance of that is?

· Registered
10,591 Posts
The same as your posts #30 and #32.

Your jealous, so you want to tear down, and belittle it.
I figure by your post count, you are a BIG FISH, in this lethargic forum. So, you desire to strut your stuff in front of the new guy.
You might want to take a look in the mirror.

· Registered
4 Posts
I would say that is a bit to pessimistic for my View.
Just the fact that you live in a city does not mean anybody needs to know that you are prepping.
Of course you might argue that the mass of unprepared dudes will simply start looting everywhere, but does that really mean they will have a look in every single flat in the entire city?
I dont think so.

For example. I am living in a small city of arround 40000 (i guess all of you know Ramstein, so its not far away from that, but its also not Kaiserslautern ;) ) .
But the next bigger city is just a few kilometers away with arround 200 000. So you could say the area is pretty packed. BUt i am also sure that nobody in my house so far noticed that i am prepared, so why would they come to me? Yet looters from other houses, streets or cities?

Adding to that, and maybe thats a difference to the US, guns are relatively rare in germany. If somebody wants to start looting, he would first need to find a good gun to do that successfully.
So if I stay "invisible" to most others, I hope to be ok.

· Registered
Food and medicines
174 Posts
The same as your posts #30 and #32.

Your jealous, so you want to tear down, and belittle it.
I figure by your post count, you are a BIG FISH, in this lethargic forum. So, you desire to strut your stuff in front of the new guy.
While most can't make it in alaska, you are right about the "box"ness of here.
All the prepper and militia forums are similar. People locked in and trolls

· Registered
51 Posts
Just the fact that you live in a city does not mean anybody needs to know that you are prepping.
Of course you might argue that the mass of unprepared dudes will simply start looting everywhere, but does that really mean they will have a look in every single flat in the entire city?
I dont think so.
Anyone who gets water exclusively from a faucet will suffer quick death in an urban environment. Most don't have even five or eight years of pure water on hand. Most don't have 15 to 40 places for fresh water, with-in a very short walk. When the water stops flowing the putrid stench of rotting humans is everywhere.

Study old school prepping theory, if you really want to survive. New school prepping theory in extremely flawed & fatal.

· Registered
10,591 Posts
... Most don't have even five or eight years of pure water on hand...
You honestly expect everyone to have that ability? How about the millions who live in high-rise apartments? You think the buildings are capable of storing 15 to 20 tons of water per person?

...Most don't have 15 to 40 places for fresh water, with-in a very short walk...
Agreed. But that alone isn't an automatic death sentence for those who are truly prepared. Many of us have the ability to source questionable water and purify it to make it potable. And if you are relying totally on those arbitrary 15 to 40 fresh water sources for your water, you'll find out quickly how inaccessible they become. A group with more muscle that you can start taking them over and you'll be left out. Or they may be drained in a matter of days and dry up.

..New school prepping theory in extremely flawed & fatal.
New-school prepping has adapted to modern standards.

I agree those who are unprepared will die quicker than those who are, no doubt about it. But if you're going to condemn everyone who doesn't have the exact same preps and abilities that you do, you're not doing the movement any favors. I can guarantee YOU aren't the 'ultimate prepper' with the abilities and resources to survive anything that comes your way. Someone will be better at something, someone will have more of something than you. Does that condemn you? I think not.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts