Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. New to the forum and eager to begin communicating with fellow preppers. What guns do you have and why? This may have been addressed in an earlier thread and if so, please guide me to that thread. I have an M1A Scout and an M1A Super Match, a DPMS A4 (5.56), an 870 assault 12 ga., a 7mm Remington Magnum, an A7 .22 survival rifle, a Romanian AK47, a Glock 20 (10mm), and a Witness Hunter in 10mm. Bug out would include the 12 ga., Scout M1A, and both pistols and the A7. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Am new to the site, but not new to the process.

Couple of things..... you may want to make sure (and it appears you did) to use a common US/UN caliber in case you need to resupply your ammo. The 10mm? Not sure how easy that ammo would be to get... something like a 9mm, .40 or .45 may be easier. The 12 ga would be a great choice.

You talked about fireamrs, but one Other thing is that food storage and other preparations to actually "get out of dodge" or be able to bunker in may be a bit more important.

IMO you have the firearm part taken care of.... more ammo maybe would be my only other thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have at least 1000 rounds for all. I reload .223, 10mm and since I just bought both M1A's this month have ordered dies to reload .308/7.62x51. I have "a bunch" of whiskey, gin, vodka,and rum stashed. as I don't drink, I can use these bottles for barter. I also have bought several large bags of cigarette tobacco I vacuumed sealed along with a bunch of rolling papers. I don't smoke either, so these can also be used for barter. IMO people are going to drink and smoke if they can no matter what, so I consider these items to be "gold." I want to get started on food, but need a few more bottles of booze and more tobacco before I do.

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
I have at least 1000 rounds for all. I reload .223, 10mm and since I just bought both M1A's this month have ordered dies to reload .308/7.62x51. I have "a bunch" of whiskey, gin, vodka,and rum stashed. as I don't drink, I can use these bottles for barter. I also have bought several large bags of cigarette tobacco I vacuumed sealed along with a bunch of rolling papers. I don't smoke either, so these can also be used for barter. IMO people are going to drink and smoke if they can no matter what, so I consider these items to be "gold." I want to get started on food, but need a few more bottles of booze and more tobacco before I do.
A shame you live so from Alabama. I would be a customer.

·
Administrator
15,008 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey don't forget about us chewers! If we ever run across each other I'll most likely be in need of some Skoal Mint longcut. Thanks!

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Billy... I've always been partial to the A7... but have been putting some serious thought into the new Ruger 10/22 takedown. It might be something worth considering. Especially with the wide availability of parts out there.

And... I was sort of overwhelmed by your weapon variety. You selected a few for bugging out... but I'm wondering if you really organized your weapons to do this. Ideally, we would all have a couple of lists: 1) I bug-in and get to use them all list. 2) I drive away and have a decent amount of storage list. 3) I walk away and can only carry so much list. And they should be physically built to allow for that. I.e. if you have to leave home, we should already have a vehicle plan that allows us to load quickly and go. If you have to abandon the vehicle, we don't want to scavenge through it to find what we need because we may not have the time. So... we need to have our "walk away" bag and gear packed in our vehicle so it's ready to grab and go. It would really suck to have to grab and go and get distracted thinking about what you might have left behind that you really need. '

Finally... there needs to be an option to hide or destroy what we leave behind. If we hide it, we can always come back for it. If we can't hide it and leave it lying there for anyone to take... we might have just killed ourselves with our own weapons... so we need to have a way to destroy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha! Funny you should mention that. I chew Wolf Wintergreen long Cut nd have several rolls stashed...7 I think. LOL

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Sold all my firearms on November 7th... just wanted to beat the rush :)

But if I were to buy more, I'd try to limit the selection to 3 or 4 calibers.. 22LR, 5.56mm NATO, 7.62mm NATO, 9mm... maybe .40S&W as well.. oh yeah.. 12ga... damn, that's 6.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts