Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years ago, before I stated to put away food and other things for my family.. like most folks I had a couple weeks of food - if I wanted to survive off mac and cheese

I knew I could not get everything done at once, so I set a date to to get things by.... a years worth of fruit by x, enough wheat to make bread for 1 year by x, garden seeds by spring, etc............

if you are just getting started it is important to make a list of what you need to do/get and set some dates and time lines

have secondary things in mind or plan b's.... if you can not have a bunch of canned meat..have lots of beans and some peanut butter

if you can get a deal on pineapple..it is better to have lots of that then no fruit at all....

over time (and time is important) you can reach your goals and start to update or improve things... but remember a used spare tire is better then not having a new one.....

also - it is less expensive to buy things that require you to do some work... wheat is cheaper then flour... hand cranked grinder less then electric....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thanks. I know I wish I had more time to prepare...even more than that....a place to store it.
Spartacus, you would be AMAZED at the amount of "wasted space" there is in most homes. Big places like that attic-space you don't use or in the trusses in the garage (for things like toilet paper, dry goods, etc), under beads, behind the sofa/chairs (if they are against a wall), under the bathroom sink, behind the clothes in the closet, UNDER the clothes in the closet, and a million and one other places. Look around with an open mind and get creative. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts