Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the firefighter on National Geographic a week ago and how he was buggin in, threw glass down outside his apartment so that he could hear someone coming up the hall. Great idea. I would be worried that looters would catch the building on fire though. Also, if I needed heat, I would have to build a fire inside and that would smoke up the place and I would have to open the window where people would see the smoke.

Is anyone else concerned about urban survival situations? Everyone cannot run to the rual areas.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am, I live in a town of 25000, 52000 with students, and it's kinda why I don't want to live in an apartment. It'd be fun if the whole apartment was on board but the odds of that are slim to none.

Fire is the most devastating weapon in SHTF, it's damn near impossible to fight off on your own, and if your building catches fire, you lose everything. It's hard to defend against and hard to control. Especially if the cities water is turned off....

·
Registered
25 Posts
My uncle says this is one of the hardest things for him. His plans is to have at least 4 escape routes out of the city. Mainly staying away from major roads and having extra hiking boots just in case he has to go through rough country.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you have a house, you should stock extra fire extinguishers and extra lumber to Board up the windows if chaos hits!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts