Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in Dollar Tree earlier today and wanted to give a heads-up on some good deals. Don't know if all the stores have this stuff but figured it's worth shouting out just in case.

I picked up 5 hour emergency candles in the tall glass holders, MRE heaters ( the small metal circular tins), 2 pound bags of AP flour were 4 for $1.

Hope it helps someone else out there.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Dollar Tree does have some great prep items. I bought plastic sheeting there for a $1 a pack to cover my windows and sliding glass door this winter (conserves heat). Those usually go for $5+ at the Home Depot/Lowes. They also have little mini bungee cords 6 for a $1. IMO - you can never have a enough bungee cords. Love them! I also love the little Tortillas that dollar tree sells. They accept manufacturer coupons at my local store so that's a bonus too!

Heads up though - Their $1 first aid and medicine supplies are sold for .88 cents per item at most Walmart stores. I know because I have a whole case of that stuff and use it all the time.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I always check the label to make sure that food products didn't come from China. I swear those people don't care what kind of crap makes it into their food!

-- Paravani
Yes! I've actually traveled through China and Tibet and I will tell you the same thing - don't eat the food! There's zero regulation over there and inspection of goods coming into the US doesn't do a good job testing for chemical pollutants unless someone gets sick.

I also avoid MSG laden foods as well. Unfortunately most of the foods at Dollar Tree contain MSG.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dollar Tree has the best deal on batteries that I have found. 8 AA or 8 AAA for $1. I have tested them and they work great.

Dollar Tree also has Soy Milk for $1. I usually go there once a month and stock up on a few things.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My fiancées sister works at dollar tree, and informed me that they are going to start carrying seeds 4 packs per dollar. It'll be interesting to see if they're heirloom or not. The dollar tree is kinda far from me, so it's not real practical to stop by there. If they were about 10 miles closer, or on the route I travel most, I would stop there. Maybe I should make a special trip just to see what's up?

·
Registered
264 Posts
1- thing I did find at our Dollar Tree was the shelf stable milk. It is tetra packed 1 qt. size. I bought this at Costco in Alaska and it was way more than $1.00 per quart. Great to have on hand in a storm. Just be sure to check the date because it does get nasty.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have added alot of stuff from the Dollar Tree. One item I've stocked up on from there is these small alarms, intended for doors or windows. They are very loud. You mount the unit to the door frame and mount the magnet to the door/window. When opened the alarm goes off. I plan on using a few of these with some fishing line as a perimiter alarm. Mount the unit low on the house or garage and with the line attached to the magnet set it on top of the unit and attach the other end of the line to some other point. I also like the aluminum water bottles they sell. I have alot of those and they are the ones I make the alcohol stoves out of. Not crazy about the rubbing alcohol they sell. A better fuel for the stove is the octane booster they sell. Mainly methanol and it burns very well in the stove. I bought 8 pairs of nice hotdog tongs there and a 4 dollar piece of stiff lawn edging from Walmart and made a great digital tv antenna and mounted to my chimney. I'm half way between Cincinnati and Dayton so I get over 40 local channels with that antenna. I have alot of their emergency candles also. 5 for buck.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I have added alot of stuff from the Dollar Tree. One item I've stocked up on from there is these small alarms, intended for doors or windows. They are very loud. You mount the unit to the door frame and mount the magnet to the door/window. When opened the alarm goes off. I plan on using a few of these with some fishing line as a perimiter alarm. Mount the unit low on the house or garage and with the line attached to the magnet set it on top of the unit and attach the other end of the line to some other point. I also like the aluminum water bottles they sell. I have alot of those and they are the ones I make the alcohol stoves out of. Not crazy about the rubbing alcohol they sell. A better fuel for the stove is the octane booster they sell. Mainly methanol and it burns very well in the stove. I bought 8 pairs of nice hotdog tongs there and a 4 dollar piece of stiff lawn edging from Walmart and made a great digital tv antenna and mounted to my chimney. I'm half way between Cincinnati and Dayton so I get over 40 local channels with that antenna. I have alot of their emergency candles also. 5 for buck.
What a great idea

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.