Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw another thread discussing a tad on foreign language. Thought this would be a good question to ask to see if anyone has skills in language that could help them in the future. For example, if you had to bug out to a different country or assist with help to a different country. Another thing came to my mind was knowing what someone is saying in a different language if they were getting ready to rob you and they told their partner "grab him from behind". You get the idea.

Anyway, Spanish and English are the only ones I have on my list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know enough spanish to get by... (just picked it up because of living in CA) and I'm currently studying german on the side just for fun but idk if its gonna help me or not. But you never know, it could come in handy with just talking in my group.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm in Colorado... So Spanish is a must. I've got a smattering of Danish, German, and Russian. My current interest and love is Scottish Gaelic. Only about 50,000 speak it fluently (Nova Scotia and Northern Scotland) so I figure the wife and I can talk without others knowing what we are saying. And... In my mind, that is a great advantage.

Reactions: Rogue_Scout

·
Registered
210 Posts
I believe that Spanish would be the only real beneficial language here in the USA during a time of bug out. However, if you hear the words, "Allau Akbar" screamed out by someone coming toward you... The only translation you need is, "Empty the Clip".

·
Registered
24,402 Posts
I believe that Spanish would be the only real beneficial language here in the USA during a time of bug out. However, if you hear the words, "Allau Akbar" screamed out by someone coming toward you... The only translation you need is, "Empty the Clip".
Discipline. Drop'em with one shot.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If you do not speak English do not even try to approach . If you are even allowed to speak with a sentry it will be at a distance you will be required to state you case quickly and clearly.
Sorry but that is the way it must be. Alliances ,partnerships will be formed before SHTF not after.
We have for to long been kind,caring and excepting to others. It has not worked out to well they took over screwed the whole system up Time for a new set of rules.

Reactions: Rogue_Scout

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow, what a cool thread. Actually I speak a bit of Spanish as do others in our group. We are bugging out together. We are ordering the Portuguese Rosetta Stone for Christmas as our out of the country BOL is the Amazon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I took 2 years of German but I haven't had that class in 2 years.. So I'm sure if I needed to use it, it probably sound come back to me. Plus it is so close to the English language, it isn't hard to tell what German words mean. I need to learn Spanish, especially since I'll be going into law enforcement and there are more Spanish speaking people here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts