Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or is there an abundance of "survival experts" advertising such as "Alive After Crisis" and other such titles? Who is behind them and are they making lots of money from gullible people (like me :lol:) or are they really doing something in the best interest of the general public?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I haven't seen the ads but I have lived long enough to suspect anything like this - even the "prepper stores" are there to make a profit.
Don't take that wrong - making a profit is a natural thing and should be applauded. The problem comes when you make a profit providing a product or service that is of no real value or without regard for the value.

I don't shop much for survival stuff - most of the food in the survival stores I wouldn't eat unless I was already starving. All the gear and accessories can be had someplace else at a much better price and from people who know what they are selling. If you new your canned goods had 15% oxygen in them would you buy it and expect it to last more that six months? There is a survival store that sells canned goods with that level of oxygen. People here have probably purchased it.
That is why I can my own.

Reactions: Nathan Jefferson
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.