Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a super simple chili. Nice easy meal for a fall Sunday. The ingredients are two quart jars of beef with the juice, four 15 oz cans Stagg Chili, Hunts tomato paste and Country Kitchens Darn Good Chili Mix.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the first picture

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm going to let it cook on high for a couple hours and then turn it down to low until we eat at about 7:30.

I'll do my food storage rice next. :tango_face_smile:

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Excellent!

Side question;

Do you have to seal the countertop tile more frequently to make sure that contaminants do not settle into the grout? A friend of ours is a Chemist/Food Scientist and he told us that the amount of germs that settle into the grout on tile countertops is pretty high.

Because I care!

Slippy! :vs_wave:

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent!

Side question;

Do you have to seal the countertop tile more frequently to make sure that contaminants do not settle into the grout? A friend of ours is a Chemist/Food Scientist and he told us that the amount of germs that settle into the grout on tile countertops is pretty high.

Because I care!

Slippy! :vs_wave:
Yeah, I know. It came with the house. Should be getting replaced soon. I just take care to do my food prep on cutting boards.

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang...looks good! Gluten (Wheat, barley, oats, rye) free?
They put a little rice in the "Darn Good Chili Mix", but that's okay as I'll be serving it over rice anyway.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Now I am hungry for Chili!

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Sounds good. I know every state has their own versions of Chili, many are good some great. But Chili has no beans,meat, rice or anything other than chilies . green is the hot stuff, red on milder side and blends of the two. My wife makes something they call Chili in Wisconsin , but it aint Chili.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts