Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my edc bag I carry a few tampons I had given one to my gf last time aunt rosy visited and she just bust out laughing because I thought of it all I just never told her they from the box of hers in our bathroom

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I have them in my BOB , all three of them .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Besides the obvious, condoms make expensive water balloons. Other than recreational uses, I can't think of anything to aide in survival.
Good for keeping water out of you rifle barel. Or temporary water proof sack for small eletronics.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been carrying about 3 around with me for about 8 years. I get bloody noses and ears (don't ask) from time to time and they work great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
I've been carrying about 3 around with me for about 8 years. I get bloody noses and ears (don't ask) from time to time and they work great.

mikes ..... so, ^^^^ this is your idea of an intro post? Gonna have to do better than this or we are gonna nickname ya hole plugger! :vs_wave: :tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
mikes ..... so, ^^^^ this is your idea of an intro post? Gonna have to do better than this or we are gonna nickname ya hole plugger! :vs_wave: :tango_face_grin:
the post was something I knew a lot about so I had to comment.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Whining is sooo Un-Manly, James! Turn the tables and tell us what all we could use condoms for. :icon_wink:
They keep nasty stuff out of my gun hole...

My rifle's too...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here are a few things you want to know to survive for the long term. I have been around for 70+ years. Am a Vietnam Vet and have lived off the land for several years+. 1. Learn to grow and can your own veggies and fruits. That will save you lots of money and they will keep for a long time. It doesn't take much room to grow veggies or fruit and you will know what does goes on them and what doesn't. 2. Learn to hunt and clean your own game then process it and freeze it or can it. 3. Learn how to make clean drinking water from salt water or pond water. Any water for that matter. 4. Learn about medicinal herbs and how to make and use them. 5.Most survival items for sale on the web are not needed because you can make most of them yourself. 6. Learn how to make wines and meads, they come in very handy for barter items. 7. Toilet paper is an item to buy and store and a lot of it. It goes faster than you think , or you can make your own from clean rags, just make sure to wash them in detergent and rinse well to reuse. 8. This one is the most important and it will get you killed if your hesitate. Protecting your family and you and imperitive. If you hesitate even one second in using your firearm against another person, you won't live to tell about. If armed marauders are coming toward you, it is not to socialize. In a lawless society, shoot first.
These are only a few things you should know to survive. Make no mistakes about it. In a survival situation, people revert to whatever means they can to survive. Be ready.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Girl at work (a super sweet girl) was over for some analytics and took interest in my EDC when she saw my solar charged 10000mah battery at work charging up from ambient light and asked what else I had in handy little bag. When I got to the tampon she was positive I was most thoughtful and prepared guy she'd ever met. When I explained to her my fire steel could light it up I could plug wounds or unroll for a pad use it to filter etc etc she was certain I was like forest gump Kinda smart.

Momma said life is like a box a tampons. You never know what they're gonna be inside.
Don't use tampons for medical purposes. They are horrible for plugging gunshot wounds. Sure it works kind of like a cork, but properly packing a wound channel can take 3 or more feet of gauze. You aren't doing anything meaningful with a tampon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Don't use tampons for medical purposes. They are horrible for plugging gunshot wounds. Sure it works kind of like a cork, but properly packing a wound channel can take 3 or more feet of gauze. You aren't doing anything meaningful with a tampon.

If your choices are using a tampon and watching someone bleed out for lack of anything else, I got a dollar that says you'll use the tampon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If your choices are using a tampon and watching someone bleed out for lack of anything else, I got a dollar that says you'll use the tampon.
I bet you would lose a dollar. I'd use a shirt or a t-shirt or a strip cut from my pants or wow! Real gauze! Very rarely am I out and about nude carrying a tampon.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
I bet you would lose a dollar. I'd use a shirt or a t-shirt or a strip cut from my pants or wow! Real gauze! Very rarely am I out and about nude carrying a tampon.

So your think bacteria-filled, germ-laden sweaty, dirty, stinky laundry is better than a new, clean tampon? Next you'll tell us to use leeches to cure the inevitable infection.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So your think bacteria-filled, germ-laden sweaty, dirty, stinky laundry is better than a new, clean tampon? Next you'll tell us to use leeches to cure the inevitable infection.
Sorry. Had to drive home but was hoping you would go there. YES! Stopping bleeding is priority after airway. Infection can be treated later.
Some basics. Putting a tampon in the surface of a wound channel is not stopping bleeding. It may be keeping them from bleeding on the floor but they are still bleeding. Tampons are designed to absorb menstrual fluid. That is not blood. It is mucus and blood filled uterine lining. Gauze or other packing fills the channel and absorbs blood. It presses against the bleeding surfaces and promotes clotting, which stops or drastically slows bleeding. Sticking a small plug in the hole does nothing helpful unless you are the janitor.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts