Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to autozone yesterday since a bus fuse on my CRV went out on one of my power windows. Simple fuse, simple issue. To my surprise, 4 for $5!!! I remember when they were like 8 for $1 a few years back! What gives? Since when did simple fuses become so pricey? My focus right now is to stock up on spare parts for autos.

·
Registered
8 Posts
when I wanna stock up on a few fuses, i simply hit up a u pull it yard, you can usually get them for free if you have a cool person at the register or big pockets.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm good on fuses :D have a tool box of them. I've parted enough cars over the years, been to the pick a part 1000's of times. Of course I try to keep my cars from developing shorts :p

Have some spare parts for the old truck. Building a new motor as money permits. The existing motor is ok, but its tired. It'd be a decent spare motor, if nothing else was available. Just smokes blue (oil) a bit, has iffy compression, and probably has a burnt valve.

The other motor I'm building is going to be mild at 400hp. Oddly enough, it's going to be a mile master motor. Hoping to get about 20mpg with the OD trans

I have spare tires/rims, carbs, oils. Have wires (plug wires, and wire looms, plus rolls of wire). And have some extra body panels. Just for when I have to ram through traffic. Then I can fix the truck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts