Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
What are your thoughts on what like will likely look like after whatever event befalls us all? Everyone running around ready for extended gunfights, or should our focus be more on what am I likely to use on a daily basis?
Ok I am a Tactical Prepper, and to me being Tactical means using tactics and tactical planning... So that means levels of being armed. The Gray Man strategy is a joke... that is just the tactic of camouflage. So here is the way I do it.

EDC: (until my arrest), involved a concealed handgun and sometimes an open carry.
Combat Load: All the Battle Rattle and thats a worst case scenario.
My BOB has 2: Support Bags because I plan to Bug-In. I can Cache the Support Bags if need be.

But, I'm never going to rock the Grunt gear unless I need to go to war, the SHTF after the SHTF.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had to run so to finish my Tactical Prepping statement and answer your questions...
What are your thoughts on what like will likely look like after whatever event befalls us all?
Look at the aftermath of Katrina, the Riots over Floyd Webb and here is what you can expect in one case. There are gun preppers which are little more then people prepping to engage in violent fantasies. There could be violence, and you don't want to be out gunned, out numbered or out maneuvered, being all three well...

But, an Army marches on its stomach. And without supply lines a soldier doesn't eat. So there is a lot more that a tactical prepper needs to secure for survival. Most violence will be crime; robberies, home invasions and so on until the government isn't around to enforce the law.

Everyone running around ready for extended gunfights, or should our focus be more on what am I likely to use on a daily basis?
Both, you prepare for every possibility because preparing for one prepares for others.

Remember what I said about tactics? There are two opinions in the Prepping Community addressed as Strategies by rank amateurs and people with no clue. These are the "Hard Targets" and "Gray Man" strategies. They are the tactics of Camouflage and Force Deterrence, a Tactical Prepper should be able to flex between tactics based on Terrain and situation.
1. Camouflage, means to be seen but not noticed. This will get you past authority types. Cops will notice a guy decked for war quicker then a guy with only an AR15.
2. A Force Deterrence, is presenting a combat ready appearance to ward off threats. This works for people who don't have the cloak of authority to rely on. The tough guys challenging people on the interstate with tire irons because their car ran out of gas and others brought an extra gas can are less likely to bully someone who looks like they can win any fight.

So how would a tactical prepper dress and act? Easy... He will be armed but not stand out as ready for combat. If he faces those toughs, he has a gun and if you passes a police check point he doesn't look threatening. If he comes across a bunch of Antifa/Mutant Biker Zombies stopping and robbing people on the road but, can't avoid it. The tactical prepper can turn into a combat ready Force Deterrent.

Terrain dictates the tactics you use.

Reactions: Echo47

·
Registered
216 Posts
You know I actually wrote a book on Tactical Planning for the Tactical Preppers... I haven't typed it up it yet, though to name it Tacti-Cool: A badass survival manual for surviving like a badass. But, I have also written other tactical style survival manuals and, I always get readers asking me questions about things like METT-TC and why I'm against the Gray Man Prepper Strategy.

To me I think their is a problem with the Tactical environment. Group One of tactical preppers come from LEOs who see Tactical as running around like a SWAT team and they run firearms schools that cater to that philosophy.

Group Two are veterans and tactical preppers who think in terms of paramilitary operations, we use the same tactics as Group One but, think in terms of field fortifications, LP/OPs, logistical support, OPSEC and, so on. Our philosophy is to operate like the Rangers or Special Forces types.

Thing is the wannabe see the two groups and assume they just need the gear and skills but, never developed the mindset. I can't speak too much on the first groups way of thinking but, as a Member of Group Two. I plan allot... I plan for Bugging-In, Bugging-Out, for every scenario I can think of. I plan to win and I plan to lose. I plan to have a group and I plan to go lone wolf.

This is the critical way in which I view Tactics and Strategy. Tactics are pre-planned responses to a situation or environmental condition to achieve a goal. Strategy is a series of overlapping goals, each one reinforcing or making the next goal possible. Each goal is classed as Instant, Immediate, Short-Term, Mid-Term, Long-Term and an End Goal you seek to achieve through achieving each goal.

So let me ask @Ecko47 and everyone else... What is your Survival End Goal?

·
Registered
216 Posts
The people in the top photo above are hilarious, the people in the bottom picture may have zero experience out where the rubber meets the road.

What would be scarier would be six or so half starved North Vietnamese Army regulars wearing sandals, and carrying AK47’s.
Never faced any NVA but, I remember a few North Korean Sleepers caught firing up the college kids to attack US Military when I was stationed at Camp Casey and, another blowing himself up on a subway.

Thing is how much experience will some of them gain by the time they reach you? Might be a lot tougher then whats in the images.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts