Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you shop at a store that had a "NO GUNS" sign posted

My local Toys r us/ Babies r us store used to have a huge "No gun " sign posted on the front door (the type with a gun depicted in a circle with a slash through it), but oddly it is no longer there!
I know many are vehemently opposed and others are indifferent.
Just wondering if these kind of things matter to you?!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nope, I won't spend my $$$$ at a place posting 'no guns'........
whether I am carrying or not.

I have even told my bank I would leave them
if they started that crap......they told me not to worry.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Only if it is a gun shop.
Which is understandable, somewhat. All the "MAROONS" trying to take their piece out loaded is the issue.

Other than that, NOPE.
I can choose to take my money elsewhere.
If they cannot respect my freedom, they can NOT expect my money.

·
Registered
206 Posts
No I would not, and here's why. I am usually packing, and I ain't takin' it off and leaving it in my truck in order to shop, or eat, anywhere. Not worth it. Soon as I did I'd be in line trying to pay for whatever and some idiot would pull a piece and tell everyone to hit the floor. That's just the way it works. I'm not tempting fate.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
I make an exception at the Hospital and remove it, other than that I do go where I can't carry, and I don't look for signs very hard.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here in Norway there is NO possible way to aquire permission to carry a firearm unless its given directly from either the King or the prime minister :c But im on your side here, as a smart man once said: " If the goverment fears the people, then there is freedom. But if the people fear the government, then there is thyrani. In Norway after the Utøya massacre where one single man killed nearly 70 people and blew up the court district in Oslo (our capital) Then no one realy thought about taking away weapons from the people, but they rather thought about making it legal to carry firearms for some people, if ONE of the 300 people on Utøya island had had a firearm then maybe there wouldnt have been cusualties at all.. the police just stood on the mainland without a boat and watched people gett killed, bodies were floating in the water everywhere.. the average number of people killed in mass shootings when the killer is stopped by the police is 22.2, the same thing when the killer is stopped by a civilian with a firearm is 2.2.. now that is a huge difference.
If guns dont give protection.. then why does the leaders of every nation surround themselves with it?
If its availabe some stores to carry firearms, the it should be in pretty much all if you ask me. Guns DO save lives, no guns = easy pray...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If guns dont give protection.. then why does the leaders of every nation surround themselves with it?
Well said. And why would soldiers and police officers need them otherwise. The politicians know this, but guns are power to defend and attack and they want to be the only one's in control of that power. Which is tyranny and should not reign.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would say 'no' but there are a few places like specialty shops (such as bike shop) that dont allow weapons. Other than that I dont bother with stores that dont allow weapons

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sure I would and even my gun shop has a sign stating no loaded fire arms in their store also. I might add they have an indoor range also but you load the gun there and leave with an empty gun. The post office is a gun free zone but I still use them with mail also.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Besides agreeing with what Fuzzee stated about not frequenting anwhere that doesn't respect my freedom, I am not about to disarm myself in public, where who knows who is watching, waiting to take advantage, either by assault, or breaking into you vehicle to try and take what you just put in your car safe... If I am going to a federal building, I have already secured my firearm in the vehicle before leaving home, and don't have a problem arming myself in the parking lot of the federal building when I leave, and really don't care who sees THAT.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well said. And why would soldiers and police officers need them otherwise. The politicians know this, but guns are power to defend and attack and they want to be the only one's in control of that power. Which is tyranny and should not reign.
The police have guns to protect themselves, not civilians. "If he pulls a knife, you pull a gun. Thats how we do it." I cant remember who said this but im pretty sure he was a police officer.. I have nothing against the police nor the army. I have something against the people that wants to dissarm others and take away their tools to protect themselves and their freedom. (Im sorry that this is a bitt off topic)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sure I would and even my gun shop has a sign stating no loaded fire arms in their store also. I might add they have an indoor range also but you load the gun there and leave with an empty gun. The post office is a gun free zone but I still use them with mail also.
Yes, my favorite LGS and range is posted........for the non-CCW person.
Insurance reasons.
They welcome legal carry......and ask that you only unveil if needed.....
like a crazy comes in and they need extra firepower.
You are otherwise welcome to carry inside.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I will often return unarmed and ask to speak to the owner or manager to point out the problems with not allowing firearms. I do so calmly and rationally. Without threats of any kind. I'm happy to report I have had some success in bringing down the signs in some of the businesses. In Wisconsin we have the law on our side. The legislation passed to allow concealed carry granted immunity from lawsuits to those not posting against firearms while withholding it from those who post. So a business cannot be sued for an incident which happens on their property if they allow firearms. But they can be sued if for instance they deny me the right to defend myself and I become the victim of a violent crime which I may have prevented had I been armed. Of course down in the People's Republic of Madison, logic fails. So I avoid that place completely.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yep, Madison is a cesspool of liberalism.

Reactions: jrclen
1 - 20 of 53 Posts