Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird to say, but what are you planing on doing post when the shtf?

It will be most likely midevil skills like blacksmithing, leather smith, cattle farm, knife sharpening etc.

I only have skills for making wood products right now, but there are workshops held in my area that teach the above trades.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have no skills, I'm very very good at seeing problems and improvising solutions, but I have very very little technical skills. Even though I went through Auto-mechanics school for a year ( dropped out), I never had a place to actually get my hands dirty and practiced what I learned, BUT I do still have ALL of my mechanics tools and I feel like those would be valuable and I could find plenty of broke vehicles to learn on in SHTF :)

My Dad is a jack of all trades and can pretty much do anything. I wish he would have taken me under his wing when I was a kid and asked me to help him with things like electrical, plumbing, woodworking....Dad if you read this, TEACH ME!!

I think Gunsmiths will be in high demand in SHTF!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good question. I have always been a nurse. No doubt, people will need to be taken care of.
Remodeling houses over the years, has taught me some skills in that area.
My father owned a service station when I was young, so I know a little bit about cars. Not much though.
I think we all have skills that we may not be aware of. I would really like to learn to weld.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
aero_3642 said:
Weird to say, but what are you planing on doing post when the shtf?

It will be most likely midevil skills like blacksmithing, leather smith, cattle farm, knife sharpening etc.

I only have skills for making wood products right now, but there are workshops held in my area that teach the above trades.
Never underestimate the value of a carpenter post SHTF or really anytime. Jesus was a carpenter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts