Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure how to post pics I guess...they came out sideways and upside down lol...I will read up on it more - sorry

Let's see how this goes...

SCANCORNER1.JPG

Why are they posting like that, so sorry. Anyway, that is the scanner nook. The next pic is the HF radio nook.

HF.JPG

Can't figure out why they are posting sideways. If someone knows how to fix this, pls mssg me.

Scanners are - SDS100, Whistler TRX-1, BC125AT, WS-1065, BCT15X, BCD536HP, Pro-2006, Pro-2035, Pro-2051, BC895XLT

Newest addition is SDS200 pictured below

IMG_0637.JPG

HF radios are Icom R75, Icom 746Pro, Yaesu FRG-7, Yaesu VX7R, FT60R (not pictured)

And, last but not least, the neighborhood sqwak box - a Galaxy DX-2547 CB radio. Since most of my neighbors do not have their FCC license, we do a Neighborhood CB Net the 1st Monday of the month. A Neighborhood Watch, so to speak.

Antennas outside are:

Scanners: Diamond D300R discone, Cushcraft directional yagi both fed into Stridsberg 8-way multi-coupler
HF Radios: W6LVP magnetic loop, end-fed 40-ft PAR dipole, 80-ft random wire dipole
2m/440: Cushcraft AR270b vertical
CB: Astron 99 vertical

IMG_0600.JPG

73s

Also not pictured, various 2m/440 HTs, Baofengs, FRS/GMRS, etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks, it was a rare moment of "clean desk". Hoping to put the FT-817 in the faraday cage and be operating a new TX-500 SOTA next year if the world doesn't fall apart.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Radio Station KA5SIW

Here is my Tentec station. Since this photo was taken I have added an ICOM 7300. 36 years an amateur operator. For HT's I use wouxun and ICOM V-80. Here is a photo of my key collection.

·
Registered
204 Posts
...now I have radio envy. I'm embarrassed to post pictures of my humble little station but I will anyway ;)

Yaesu's don't have the most intuitive menu system but I like having UHF/VHF/HF on the same radio. The little radio on the far right is an old Elecraft K1 QRP, CW only. It's always been my favorite radio. The red book is my "bug out book", it has everything I need if the internet goes down: freqs, maps, schedules, AmRRON SOI, etc.
HF.jpg

I've got a few real HTs and 6 or 8 various baofengs. I'm a big fan of ABBREE antennas, they're a little clumsy but they work good.
hVHF.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here is a photo of my backpack HF station. The Icom 703 HF rig, antenna and coax fit in the backpack, the batteries fit in the lunchbox. With this portable station I usually work 15, 20 and 40 meters. de KA5SIW SARApicnic2015 010.JPG

61 - 71 of 71 Posts