Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger® P95 9mm Luger High Capacity Pistol | Bass Pro Shops

Mind you I can't buy it here in California, but if you can for $349.99, budget up to $500 and get
some extra hi-cap magazines, cleaning gear, nice holster and some ammo I think this is one of
the best guns made today. I have two P89's, one I just got in trade for a 10/22 and they
are both excellent guns that will out live me and those I leave it too.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The Ruger P series pistols are great guns, I had a P90 that I sold to partially fund a Kimber 1911. I got the nicer gun out of the deal but no doubt about it I miss that P90. It was accurate, mild recoiling and would eat anything I fed it, damn near indestructible. My only complaint was the size/weight of it for CC. For what I got out of that gun I should have kept it.

-Infidel

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After tonights' "demand for a vote' from president ofailure I'd rather have 4 of these than an ounce of gold.

·
Registered
492 Posts
A P89 was my 1st semi-auto and is as good today as the day I bought it. After the hi-cap ban in 94 I managed to become well stocked on mags for my Ruger 9mm. Wouldn't trade it for the world. $349.00 is an excellent value.

punch

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ruger® P95 9mm Luger High Capacity Pistol | Bass Pro Shops

Mind you I can't buy it here in California, but if you can for $349.99, budget up to $500 and get
some extra hi-cap magazines, cleaning gear, nice holster and some ammo I think this is one of
the best guns made today. I have two P89's, one I just got in trade for a 10/22 and they
are both excellent guns that will out live me and those I leave it too.
I picked up a p97 a few years ago... it's basically the same gun in a .45. The only problem I have with buying firearms right now is ammo availability. I just picked up a ruger sr22 to try to cut back on my .45 shooting and shoot cheaper, more affordable ammo.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If you want a full size it is a fine weapon.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's a nice gun right now if you have a few 1000 rounds of 9mm laying around, otherwise it's going to cost you a arm and a leg to shoot it for the time being. Since this whole panic buying started I have stopped shooting because I am not breaking into my stash and have to replace it with over priced ammo. Sitting this one out till things calm down.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've had a P89 for several years. Love that gun. Built like a tank and will shoot anything I put into it. Got rid of an H&K USP 9 to get it because it shot a lot straighter for me than any other gun I own. Gander near me has a P95 for $399 but I opted to get the LC9 and the SR22 this past weekend instead. I needed a smaller gun for me CC. And with the cost of ammo right now, opted for the SR22 so I can get out to the range more and shoot 22lr's all day long. The SR22 is an amazing pistol in itself. Very accurate. But yes, if you can get your hands on a P95, I say go for it. Ammo will become more available in the next few months and will come down in price eventually. BTW, the LC9, for a CC, is also an amazingly accurate gun and really fun to shoot.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a person near me with a classified ad for a P94 that I'd like to get. He openly admits to 6,000 rounds through it. I'd
love to get that but he wants to trade for a Glock and not sell - and I don't have a Glock to trade him. The P94 is a smaller
version of the 95, just a 1 inch shorter barrel I think, that'd be sweet. I just like that these are not skyrocketing in price
like the AR's, SKS's, and so many others. These Rugers and lots of bolt actions are just about the same as they were last
october.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts