Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this is my first post here, and I hope it doesn't raise too many hackles.

I'm planning within a few years to be living on a almost totally self-sufficient farm. However, I know that if the S really HTF, I wouldn't be able to survive alone or even as a pair.

One of my tentative solutions for this problem is polygamy. While I haven't really tried talking anyone into it yet, I'm seeing it has a number of benefits, mostly:

--More people around to share the workload
--breeding a great number of preppers
--saving females from the goblin horde

I'm half kidding on the last one. Anyway, I know this is a rather unorthodox idea, but I'd like to get an established communities take on it.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
634 Posts
In theory it sounds great, I remembered back before I met my wife just trying to date 2 girls at once was a nightmare. I imagine if you found the right gals cough cough Utah...... you could make it work. In all seriousness if you can make work for ya all the more power to ya.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
That polygamy show cracks me up. Why would anyone need two or more wives? I can understand single people having more than one person at a time I guess but once you're married you have made your decision. What self respecting woman would share with multiple other women? Can she have multiple husbands? I was born with one wiener and it is designed to fit one woman. :)

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
We got a first, a second, I call for the question.

Since I got the greatest wife ever I couldn't even imagine another. I wonder why Polygamy only goes for wives? How come the women don't take on brother husbands (referencing sister wives)?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hey, it's your funeral. You want to try to keep two or more women happy all at the same time, knock yourself out....

This also assumes you can get past the tiny little nagging problem that this is illegal in almost every state in the USA....

Worst...idea...I've...heard...in...awhile. Seriously.

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
I'm just hopelessly old fashioned. And so square I have sharp corners.
I'm a one-woman kind of guy.
Besides, my wife doesn't joke around and she has her own guns and knows how to use 'em.

By the way, that's an interesting first post.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got home from work last night to find Mrs Felixx had packed my bags, as I loaded them into my car she wished a slow and painful death...

So I asked her if she wanted me to shift back home..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Maybe I'm the only one that finds this hilarious, I have laughed through both pages, even having to read it out loud to my husband whose looking at me like I've lost my mind.

Ok...well, you want more like minded preppers in your group; make friends with people that have the same way of thinking. It wouldn't necessarily take more "wives" to do that. More than one wife sounds like trouble to me....BAHHAAHAAAHAWWW

Besides, as a woman I can tell you three things here....

1. Like someone else mentioned, those type woman are far and few between, myself being one of them, I DO NOT SHARE or PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS. ::rambo:::eek: My husband ever comes up with that cockamamie skeem he'll find himself hung from a tall tree by a short rope and it won't be by his neck.

2. Being a woman, and not liking chauvinistic people...I'd be the first to admit, woman can not do everything with ONE MAN,(don't get me wrong we are quite capable to handle ourselves) but you will need strength in numbers to some extent and I personally wouldn't want to depend on next months swimsuit model to save my ass if ever the need arose.

3. And as far as breeding more preppers, In a SHTF scenario....the last thing I would want to do is bring more lives into this world to be made to suffer as well.

But hey...it's your life, you can do as you please.

·
Registered
324 Posts
More mouths to feed doesn't necessarily help the situation. Not to mention, 25-30% of all births are C-sections. Things don't always go real smooth in pregnancy and delivery. If one of my 'party' was pregnant in a SHTF situation, I would be a wreck, given I would have to deliver the baby, especially the first one.

If some one wants more than one wife, maybe reconsider getting married at all?

I'm like Kidz....I don't play well with others.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Have you ever lived in a house with more than one female in it? Not counting a Mom? Estrogen ups and downs are no joke, Dude. Ever heard of PMS? It's a real, living monster that comes every month. EVERY MONTH. Do you really want that? Have you ever been anywhere near a woman when she's hot-flashing? Going through menopaus? Mood swings, hotflashes, you'd swear the exhorsist beast just showed up. wow. Masochistic tendancies, Mr. Wraith. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Like longrider said, I have 3 women in their own house, I have my house....Ha,, yes, between my fiance and her two teenage girls, It is sometimes a "circus from hell".
As for polygomy, I thought that was a boardgame...No, my baby is also "very much a one man woman, and would quickly eradicate any other breeding female"....Like RicePaddyDaddy said, we have taught them to shoot their own guns...
Seriously thou, the way I think about it, There is no way I would think of polygamy, just not even a second worth of thinking. I couldn't. Just the way I am.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey all, this is my first post here, and I hope it doesn't raise too many hackles.

I'm planning within a few years to be living on a almost totally self-sufficient farm. However, I know that if the S really HTF, I wouldn't be able to survive alone or even as a pair.

One of my tentative solutions for this problem is polygamy. While I haven't really tried talking anyone into it yet, I'm seeing it has a number of benefits, mostly:

--More people around to share the workload
--breeding a great number of preppers
--saving females from the goblin horde

I'm half kidding on the last one. Anyway, I know this is a rather unorthodox idea, but I'd like to get an established communities take on it.

Thanks for reading.
Trollololol?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.