Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouch that smarts!
In a way he's lucky because at closer range the buckshot would probably have punched clean through him like a balled fist or took his head clean off..:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Judging by the bruise on his lower ribs he was close enough to get hit by the wad. That may actually be fatal, especially the abdominal hits.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That wuss aint hurt!!...unless they smear dung in his wounds like most third world countries instead of antibiotics! LOL....I saw a guy with half his face shot off when I was 12....he lived over 30 more years!

Pour some damned alcohol on him...that will get him back out protesting! And thinking twice about asking for help from medics!

·
Registered
922 Posts
That wuss aint hurt!!...unless they smear dung in his wounds like most third world countries instead of antibiotics! LOL....I saw a guy with half his face shot off when I was 12....he lived over 30 more years!
Sounds like a late neighbor of mine. Said he set the shotgun against the fence to climb over and it slipped and went off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those who still thinks they need buckshot or slugs in their shotguns....... well look at the above picture. There is at least three other people trying to help the cry baby.

Shoot someone enough birdshots and the numbnut will be in so much pain, he will be out of the fight. If he is alone, I will move up and finish him off. If he is with his buddies it will meant that his buddies will have to tend to his wound or finish him off themselves. So either way I still get the numbnut off my firefight with the potential of getting some of his buddies off the fight as well when they attempt to tend to him.
I guess it is like what a granade does. The objective is to mame the combatant but not kill, so that for every mame person there is a bunch more that is not engaged in the fight as they tend to him.

Either way I still think if you put enough birdshot into something it will die.

Remember, a shotgun is for spraying a bunch of metal balls not a single slug. If you want to just fire one round, go get a rifle. (I am saying this because as a prepper one should always go for the best bang for the buck which means buying more birdshot because they are cheaper than slugs or buckshots. Having more rounds means you will survive longer. Last thing you want to happen is that you ran out of rounds while the other party still have and are firing at you.) So save your money and buy birdshots and use that saved money to buy other stuff you will need. for your prep

·
Registered
640 Posts
I tend to agree with armyguy. Sometimes it's better to kill. But when you are going against larger groups... Shoot to wound. Having your buddy lying there screaming next to you is very unnerving and tends to put one in medic mood. If its the bad guys screaming, then every one you get to pull out of the firefight is to your advantage. Plus... After they bandage him up... Someone has to stay behind to care for him or to get him back to their home base, keeping that person permanently out of your hair.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
For those who still thinks they need buckshot or slugs in their shotguns....... well look at the above picture. There is at least three other people trying to help the cry baby.

Shoot someone enough birdshots and the numbnut will be in so much pain, he will be out of the fight. If he is alone, I will move up and finish him off. If he is with his buddies it will meant that his buddies will have to tend to his wound or finish him off themselves. So either way I still get the numbnut off my firefight with the potential of getting some of his buddies off the fight as well when they attempt to tend to him.
I guess it is like what a granade does. The objective is to mame the combatant but not kill, so that for every mame person there is a bunch more that is not engaged in the fight as they tend to him.

Either way I still think if you put enough birdshot into something it will die.

Remember, a shotgun is for spraying a bunch of metal balls not a single slug. If you want to just fire one round, go get a rifle. (I am saying this because as a prepper one should always go for the best bang for the buck which means buying more birdshot because they are cheaper than slugs or buckshots. Having more rounds means you will survive longer. Last thing you want to happen is that you ran out of rounds while the other party still have and are firing at you.) So save your money and buy birdshots and use that saved money to buy other stuff you will need. for your prep
x3. And to add, if you do want to finish them off, rotate your slug or 00 with birdshot. Example: 1st shot 7 1/2 birdshot, 2nd shot slug or 00, 3rd shot 7 1/2, 4th shot slug or 00 etc etc.

For those that are concerned about home invasions as well that have differences with actually killing someone or mameing them, this method would work, where the first shot would wound, and if they are still coming at you then you can finish them off and not feels so bad about the warning you gave.

Or another instance where you hear of someone "accidently" shooting a family member, same principle applies, although you should always be sure of your shot before you shoot. Just thought I'd throw this out there though.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
There's a reason #4 is suggested for home defense.
More pellets than 00, but big enough to each pellet deliver nasty trauma to the body of the deserving. That trauma overwhelms the body and mind of the deserving, and the castle is safe, once again.
Oh, and #4 is less likely to kill the child sleeping on the other side of the sheet rock.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
00,000 number 3 number 4 all work just shoot them if you need to shoot again.
from the looks of the spread he was not real close good guess there was more than one round fired.
3 inch oo mag in a normal 870/500 shot gun at 15 yards will land10-12 of the 15 pellets some where between belt line and shoulders of a full grown man
9 pellet 00 fairs a bit better percentage wise all 9 strike and some what tighter
Patterning you shot guns can be fun lot of walking changing targets

·
Registered
640 Posts
For those that are concerned about home invasions as well that have differences with actually killing someone or mameing them, this method would work, where the first shot would wound, and if they are still coming at you then you can finish them off and not feels so bad about the warning you gave.
Survival... because of the massive litigation in today's world... I'd have to disagree with you. You want your first shot to kill so they can't sue you for making their burglary such a dangerous event (sadly, the humor was intended but speaks volumes about our legal system). If anything... you adjust your round to make sure it won't go through walls and injure or kill other family members or the neighbors. Personally, I don't care about warning shots... and live under the humorous motto of "Due to the high cost of ammo, warning shots will no longer be fired!" and actually have that posted. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts