Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really good friend who’s a cop. He switching guns at work, and his work offered to sell him his duty gun, a Gen 3 G19, for $380. He’s offering to pass it along to me for the same price.

The gun has been only used for qualifications (low-ish round count), and my buddy is super anal about cleaning and maintenance of his other guns, so I have no doubt it’s in good shape. I’ve seen it in person and It doesn’t have any holster wear, and comes with irons sights (nothing fancy), but it does come with 3 mags. This wouldn’t be my first G19, but ya know: 2 is 1, 1 is none…. A backup would be nice.

question? Given what other used Glocks are going for online, do ppl think this is a good deal?
pic of my existing G19 shown (cuz we all like pics)

Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Handgun holster Rectangle

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone see any downsides? Not really sure the actual value of this gun, but in anecdotal conversations with buddies, they tell me used Glock 19s should fetch $500+

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the agency policy for straw purchasing a firearm?
let’s just assume this purchase would be 100% above board. All appropriate paperwork would be filed. we will leave it at that.

Bet a beer there aint one.
you’d prob owe the putz a beer….

Also, your thoughts on my earlier questions? Any other concerns? value?

thx.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,878 Posts
What is the agency policy for straw purchasing a firearm?
Unless an FFL is involved (not likely), there can be no "straw purchase".
The department isn't in the business of selling guns, so they don't need a license. The cop doesn't need to have any background check to purchase from a non-FFL, and Trihonda doesn't either for a personal sale.... at least in one of the "free" states.

And yes, you buy a $380 Glock 19 any time you find one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I've had some friends say jump on the deal, and others say "meh"...

Ive also purchased quite a few Glocks this past year, so it's not a gun I really need, lol.... But yes, I know "need" lol...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Oh, the gun itself isn't that bad, but early on I felt the trigger was a tad mushy. Have they fixed that improved the "let off"?

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
The cop shops around here often sell guns and other stuff such as motorcycles to their employees. They did that at my old agency when they replaced our 4506 SWs with Sig .40s. Several were bought by employees for their pals and kinfolks. One nearby towns gets reduced prices on Harleys..and when they get ready to replace those they give the motor jocks a chance to buy em cheap. I knew one guy whos brother snagged him one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts