Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since forum boards vary a bit from one to another, as to how you do things, I would sure appreciate it if one of the more knowledgable folks here could "enlighten" on the finer points of posting a picture from my album here at the forum into a thread here on the forum. Im sure its not that difficult but I am pretty "technologically challenged" and easily over whelmed to say the least. Hopefully one day I will grow up and move into the new mellinium like everyone else in the civilized world.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Right now... the forum seems to be having some issues... I can only post from URLs... the post from computer option appears to be disabled. But... if it were working... you'd just click the picture icon (off to the right of the Bold, Italic, and Underline options) and select the file.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool I will give it a try in a test post that can be deleted by a mod or admin.

I loaded a number of pics to "My Album" here on the forum figuring that it should be fairly easy to copy them to a thread for a little bit of a show and tell thread Im working on.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..posting a picture from my album..Im sure its not that difficult..
Piece o' cake, there might be several ways of doing it but this is how I do it at most forums-

First open your Photobucket album like this and click the 'Image Code' (arrowed) of the pic you want, then go to the forum and Paste the code into your post-

And bingo! it should appear as if by magic like this..:)-

But other forums might have a different procedure, try it anyway. Let us know if you've got any more questions about it.
TIP- once you put a pic in Photobucket, leave it there, don't delete it later or the pic will vanish from all the forums you've posted it in.
(I've got a couple of thousand pics in Photobucket dating back years)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I am familar with photo bucket but its been such a PITA to use of late as if the site was down or if there was a incompatability issue on soft ware or something. Hence the reason I wanted to go from my album here to a thread thinking that would be the easiest way.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yeah I am familar with photo bucket but its been such a PITA to use of late as if the site was down or if there was a incompatability issue on soft ware or something. Hence the reason I wanted to go from my album here to a thread thinking that would be the easiest way.
I've been usding Photobucket for years with no problems, it's usually smooth and slick. I know that recently they've been adding new options and stuff to it and it might have been temporarily down at times.
Incidentally I wouldn't reccomend Imageshack, it's far too glitchy, I closed my old account there because I got fed up with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.