Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Encourage them to plant gardens, stock up a few cans of food, buy a bar of silver, get a chicken ect.
All of this will slow down looting and begging in the future.

You can also take it the next step and create allies, and have a future community all teamed up.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
agreed, where practical...

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
You do understand that most people view us as crazy, right?
include nuts, insane, paranoid... etc

but gardens.. give the neighbors some surplus seeds.. to encourage some form of home garden (good ice breaker) and just see (excess seedlings even better, oh I wasn't expecting all these to grow, you want some free plants

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
You do understand that most people view us as crazy, right?
The meth heads next door think I'm different, the guy next door had his young G.F. disappear. Not practical by me, but good luck in your area,you're bound to fare better.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That would mean that I would have to talk to them.
scary... scary... thought, what's more scary, what if you... gulp.... actually (god forbid) like them :D

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
scary... scary... thought, what's more scary, what if you... gulp.... actually (god forbid) like them :D
I have watched how they behave, said hello when I or they first moved in, and I DON'T LIKE THEM. That's fine by me. They mind their business, I mind mine.

Seriously I am not opposed to this and in fact I think it's a good idea, I just wouldn't do it with the neighbors to my immediate left or right, but I am friendly with the 3 neighbors across the street.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
I have watched how they behave, said hello when I or they first moved in, and I DON'T LIKE THEM. That's fine by me. They mind their business, I mind mine.

Seriously I am not opposed to this and in fact I think it's a good idea, I just wouldn't do it with the neighbors to my immediate left or right, but I am friendly with the 3 neighbors across the street.
I am also.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have watched how they behave, said hello when I or they first
lol have a laugh, it was ment as a light harted joke, nothing more (I don't like a few of mine either)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Neighbor plants a small veggie garden every spring. Rest of the summer she picks one or two lettuce leaves for the guinea pig and the rest goes to weeds and seed. No one else around here plants much of anything. And most of them being liberals, I am not going to advertise our preparedness.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
After getting laughed at and ridiculed for "wasting" my time, money and energy to prep. I'm done trying to help other people. I've even heard through a "good" neighbor that another neighbors "plan" is to raid my place. "We'll just go and take his stuff". Guess who gets shot on sight.

My point is your slitting your own throat. I might ask what people think about those stupid preppers just to see where they stand. But I will no longer offer help or guidance to anyone. You can't trust "ANYONE" when it comes down to survival. When their life is on the line friendships are the last thing sheople will think about. Stop advertising your the spot to hit for supplies. You can't fix stupid and your not going to survive if you try and save the sheople.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I avoid my neighbors. The old lady across the street is cool, but the rest of them are... you know... like...drug dealers with lots of kids and stuff.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Most of our neighbors are okay as neighbors. But they would be useless if SHTF - other than the rednecks across the street. We keep a few cases of canned soup on hand to give out to the useless libtard neighbors. But that will also have the added caveat that returning for more will be a fatal decision.

We have one neighbor, Jim, who we call "the old lady". He is a nice enough guy, but an absolute screaming liberal. He is also the neighborhood gossip. A couple summers ago I made sure I was out in the garage cleaning a few scary black guns when I knew he would be stopping by. Based on how the rest of them react to us now, I am sure Jim put the word out on us that we are "crazy people". They are still polite to us, but we do not get invited to their yard parties etc anymore. Oh well... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have new neighbors on both sides of our house. i'm cordial with the everyday mumbo jumbo, beyond that, i just mind my own business, and prefer them to do the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to agree with the planting of gardens, but want to go one step further. I'm a consulting forester and wildlife biologist. I get much pleasure from simply taking neighbors and friends for walks in the woods and showing them the Bounty that Mother Nature has given us. Ramps, fiddleheads, wild berries, mushrooms that are edible....and the medicinals of ginseng, goldenseal, coltsfoot, burdocks, and bllod root that have medicinal , and economic value. These are skills and facts that will sustain them in a time of emergency...and by the way are a good portion of my yearly income......Gary

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm notsaying you should go and say,"hey I got a good crib at my place, if you want to join, I'm all open". You should stealthy start conversions like," I heard the economy is going down, blah blah blah, what will you do for your family?"
This can get them thinking , and they may not go all out prep, but they might think about it and get a case of cup noodles and water bottles in the attic. This relieves future pressure.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I guess it just depends on how you know them, and so forth. I have an interesting assortment of neighbors at the home in CA.

1) A retired elderly man with Korean war experience and glad to show off his M1A after he saw us move the firearms in and we had a chat about them. He's by himself, doesn't like the folks across the street, and I love that he calls the police for every little thing he can imagine and see - he's a good guy and I'd gladly try and help him because I know he'd try to help me.

2) Next door, family of 3, with the baby being about 2. He's a young Hispanic man she's a white girl, and they've always been polite, but the associates they keep leave much to be desired. I could sadly see him trying to beg for preps in a SHTF and trying to take them if I said no. He might turn out to be a fine person, offer to barter his skills for materials, but until it happens I'm not likely to know.

3) Across the street is a single gal, late 20's, early 30's maybe, seems to be off an on again engaged with a chubby little Hispanic dude that I haven't even met. Her family is close to her, there are siblings and parents around often. She is polite, hard working based on the hours it appears she keeps, and I'm not real convinced she is able to do much for herself in SHTF or others, but I wouldn't consider her a threat.

4) The problem house, next to the woman I just mentioned, this is a real issue group. A single man lives there, and each morning 3 different women drop of their kids for him to watch. He watches them, with beer in hand, and often is redecorating his front yard with more junk; this was the guy who tried to extend his fence to the sidewalk and then built a shanty behind it that I'm pretty sure he rents to homeless people - for what I don't know. He has friends over often, they seem to be scouring the neighborhood for ripe takings; the elderly man I mentioned #1 hates this group - he might just take them right out who knows.

I'm notsaying you should go and say,"hey I got a good crib at my place, if you want to join, I'm all open". You should stealthy start conversions like," I heard the economy is going down, blah blah blah, what will you do for your family?"
This can get them thinking , and they may not go all out prep, but they might think about it and get a case of cup noodles and water bottles in the attic. This relieves future pressure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts