Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been taking a long hard look at the internayional events that are going on, watching the value of the dollar and the posturing of China and afew other countries and wondering how this is all connected or if it is just coincidence. Here is what I find interesting and possibly dangerous:

1. The USA is actively destabilizing the middle East.

2. The countries that we are working over are the same ones that are aligning with Russia and China to use other currency than the dollar for international trades.

3. The former USSR (I will use "Russia" in this discussion although that is not as accurate) is partnering with those countries for oil not based on the dollar. In effect supporting the discontinued use of the dollar as the world currency that it has been after WWII.

4. We are more confrontational with North Korea than we have been since the treaty was signed after the Korean conflict.

5. China is backing away from Korea but still doing business with them in the Chinese currency - no dollars involved.

6. China is building Underground "super bunkers" and a large Pacific navy - it should be done by 2016 to 2020.

7. Russia is building and has built very large underground manufacturing facilities spread all over the country.

8. Russia and China are both doing a lot of "intelligence gathering" and the USA is not doing anything to fight or prevent it.

9. Both Russia and China are building or stock-piling nuclear weapons while the USA continues to disassemble their nuclear arsenal.

OK, if we assume the preceding as facts and try to determine reasoning behind all this, what I come up with is an old threat becoming new.

If the middle East is destabilized and the fanatical leaders decide to attack Israel then that will draw the USA into a fight with allies of both Russia and China. If The USA provokes North Korea into renewed hostilities then China may have to join the fight.

Since the USA is looking weak by not preventing the spies and with the continued down-grading of our neclear deterrent it might allow Russia and China to make a strike against the "bully on the block" (the USA) with most of the countries in the different areas supporting such action.

It looks as though the USA is sending signals that we would suffer an unanswered nuclear strike. Why would the USA not retaliate? The ones in power could easily say it was because our weakened nuclear capability was disabled in the first strike. What reason for this?

Those in power do not want to take responsibility for the devaluation of the dollar but they can only artificially prop it up for so long so they engineer a war that will appear to weaken the USA to the point where we welcome in the UN troops and all the rules that the UN has for us. Those members in the UN who support us will rally to use military force to stop the destruction of the US dollar which they are completely tied to. China will back down - but hold on to those territories that they took in return for helping the UN to take out Russia. That gets rid of the only other world economy that is a threat to China. The dollar drops "due to the war" and the Fed has no culpability. China gets rid of Russia and a cold war starts between China and the USA. The UN gets a world currency andthe dollar is removed as the world reserve currency which further devalues it - again with no fed responsibility.

What I am saying is that we could be headed for WW III - a nuclear war - instead of an economic collapse or natural disaster.
I am going to continue watching this as it proceeds and as it progresses, if it progresses, we might have some advance warning.
Check out the military targets within 50 miles of your location and include the topography to see if you are in a blast area. If you are outside the blast area but within 75 miles then start building a "storm" shelter with at least 200 Lbs of soil or sand per sq. ft. around the walls and on the roof. Plan to remain in that shelter for up to three weeks - you won't need more time than that because the effects will have dispersed from air bursts in no more than three weeks. If you are between 75 and 100 miles then you could usepecially if you are "down wind" of the target zones.
If the nearest military target is more than 100 miles then you are far enough away that you would be in no direct danger from the blast and radiation of even the largest air burst.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks as though the USA is sending signals that we would suffer an unanswered nuclear strike. Why would the USA not retaliate? The ones in power could easily say it was because our weakened nuclear capability was disabled in the first strike. What reason for this?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Paul, love your outlook, feels like it's a American point of view, but very well written :)

I personally disagree on a few points (namely China/Russia alliance) but in all fairness your view is valid and comes close to my conclusion...

my absolute biggest fear in the middle east is they all unite under one banner (only Iran is left that could do so) as apparently it's written in the Quran something like this will happen (I have some lovely Muslim friends and met some real nutters, the nutters are more common than the lovely ones)

the fall of Israel is my second biggest

China and Russia don't rate too high on my list... but one has to be blind to ignore them

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Paul, I am in agreement with you.

For decades, our economy has been built on debt. The dollar is based on debt, citizens' use of it is based on debt, our government's actions compound the debt to unimaginable levels.
Our military is used for purposes other than to protect our existence and the constitution, and the entities that benefit are global corporations and big banks. OF course, the banks and the corporations are not the ones that will suffer the consequences of the coming storm. Corporations were given the green light to leave the U.S. years ago. They have no reason to be loyal to this nation, and they aren't. Take General Motors, for example, using public money (credit, actually) to relocate out of the U.S. and refusing to repay.

We are suckers.

Ever watched Good Fellows? One of my favorites. Remember how the mob took control of that restaurant, bilked it for all it was worth, made the owner take out loans and then burned the restaurant to the ground? We are that restaurant.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
By the way, Paul, I think I would use a different tactic other than nuking the snot out of the country.

What if tactical nuclear items were used in locations so that the nation could be starved into submission?

Most all of what we eat, wear and use goes through transportation hubs, whether it is manufactured here or brought in from overseas. At those hubs, shipments are broken down and sent out again. An example would be computers from California. A truck takes them to Dallas, where the trailer is dropped off at a yard. The driver then picks up a couple of doubles heading to Atlanta. In those doubles are computers, along with other items heading that way. The doubles are dropped off there, where local trucks take the merchandise to the next stop.

Hit the ports of entry along with hubs like Dallas, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, and the nation could be seriously crippled. Couple that with an attack on the power grid and those looking to collect on a debt won't feel ripped off.

What do you think?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the attack will be against strictly military targets. They want to stop our meddling military and not destroy more of the infrastructure than is absolutely necessary. We buy their products and sell materials to them. They just want to make it seem like they are "retaliating" for our meddling in Middle-Eastern affairs. The fewer members of the population that are affected the better they like it. Our government can then claim that our ability to retaliate is gone and use the UN to remove our rights in order to "help" us defend ourselves from a war that is already over. It is all smoke and mirrors to take away our rights and have someone to blame for the collapse of the dollar.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
I think the attack will be against strictly military targets. They want to stop our meddling military and not destroy more of the infrastructure than is absolutely necessary. We buy their products and sell materials to them. They just want to make it seem like they are "retaliating" for our meddling in Middle-Eastern affairs. The fewer members of the population that are affected the better they like it. Our government can then claim that our ability to retaliate is gone and use the UN to remove our rights in order to "help" us defend ourselves from a war that is already over. It is all smoke and mirrors to take away our rights and have someone to blame for the collapse of the dollar.
Good point, but how much are we going to be buying when the debt scheme finally implodes on the citizens? On top of that, special weapons of the tactical size will make a lot less mess than those of strategic size aimed at anything, including military targets.

I think they have other plans for the country and the citizens. Either plan will be a crippling blow to the nation, allow for foreign troops to come in to maintain order and hand the shell of what used to be a great nation over to those who are owed a debt.

That's my way of figuring it. Either way, we both see something unpleasant being concocted for us.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have been taking a long hard look at the internayional events that are going on, watching the value of the dollar and the posturing of China and afew other countries and wondering how this is all connected or if it is just coincidence. Here is what I find interesting and possibly dangerous:

1. The USA is actively destabilizing the middle East.

2. The countries that we are working over are the same ones that are aligning with Russia and China to use other currency than the dollar for international trades.

3. The former USSR (I will use "Russia" in this discussion although that is not as accurate) is partnering with those countries for oil not based on the dollar. In effect supporting the discontinued use of the dollar as the world currency that it has been after WWII.

4. We are more confrontational with North Korea than we have been since the treaty was signed after the Korean conflict.

5. China is backing away from Korea but still doing business with them in the Chinese currency - no dollars involved.

6. China is building Underground "super bunkers" and a large Pacific navy - it should be done by 2016 to 2020.

7. Russia is building and has built very large underground manufacturing facilities spread all over the country.

8. Russia and China are both doing a lot of "intelligence gathering" and the USA is not doing anything to fight or prevent it.

9. Both Russia and China are building or stock-piling nuclear weapons while the USA continues to disassemble their nuclear arsenal.

OK, if we assume the preceding as facts and try to determine reasoning behind all this, what I come up with is an old threat becoming new.

If the middle East is destabilized and the fanatical leaders decide to attack Israel then that will draw the USA into a fight with allies of both Russia and China. If The USA provokes North Korea into renewed hostilities then China may have to join the fight.

Since the USA is looking weak by not preventing the spies and with the continued down-grading of our neclear deterrent it might allow Russia and China to make a strike against the "bully on the block" (the USA) with most of the countries in the different areas supporting such action.

Those in power do not want to take responsibility for the devaluation of the dollar but they can only artificially prop it up for so long so they engineer a war that will appear to weaken the USA to the point where we welcome in the UN troops and all the rules that the UN has for us. Those members in the UN who support us will rally to use military force to stop the destruction of the US dollar which they are completely tied to. China will back down - but hold on to those territories that they took in return for helping the UN to take out Russia. That gets rid of the only other world economy that is a threat to China. The dollar drops "due to the war" and the Fed has no culpability. China gets rid of Russia and a cold war starts between China and the USA. The UN gets a world currency andthe dollar is removed as the world reserve currency which further devalues it - again with no fed responsibility.

What I am saying is that we could be headed for WW III - a nuclear war - instead of an economic collapse or natural disaster.
I am going to continue watching this as it proceeds and as it progresses, if it progresses, we might have some advance warning.
Check out the military targets within 50 miles of your location and include the topography to see if you are in a blast area. If you are outside the blast area but within 75 miles then start building a "storm" shelter with at least 200 Lbs of soil or sand per sq. ft. around the walls and on the roof. Plan to remain in that shelter for up to three weeks - you won't need more time than that because the effects will have dispersed from air bursts in no more than three weeks. If you are between 75 and 100 miles then you could usepecially if you are "down wind" of the target zones.
If the nearest military target is more than 100 miles then you are far enough away that you would be in no direct danger from the blast and radiation of even the largest air burst.
I would like to add another Hot issue that could blow up anytime between the USA and China is Taiwan.
Only the US tries to convince it's citizens that a nuclear war is un-winnable and has done virtually nothing for the protection of its population. Most people in the US don't even realize that we once had a very good Civil defense plans. For instance in Louisville KY there are underground tunnels that were designated to hold 50,000 people complete with all the necessities. The Stark treaty did nothing to address tactical nuclear weapons so while we destroyed ours Russia greatly increased there numbers.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When they closed out the Civil Defense shelters in Seattle I got a few of the containers. The tins of crackers were terrible - like saltines with no salt. The porta-potties were cardboard barrels with trash bag liners and a plastic seat - workable but nothing fancy. We weren't allowed to have the first-aid supplies or the Geiger counters so we didn't get any of the really good stuff.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
I am surprised this thread has gained no more traction.

To me, the evidence that something is coming is clear. The exact scenario might not be as clear, but that there is going to be more than just some accidental incident is hard to ignore.

Should we be looking more to resistance than just prepping? Just one question that should pop up, I would think.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you don't plan resistance then you will not be prepared for a catastrophic SHTF scenario.

If the government fails you will be part of the resistance holding to whatever your concept of the rule of law means. With all the progressives it is going to be hard to keep our republic from becoming a democracy or worse an oligarchy. We need to be ready to fight for our rights and maintain our freedoms.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
If you don't plan resistance then you will not be prepared for a catastrophic SHTF scenario.

If the government fails you will be part of the resistance holding to whatever your concept of the rule of law means. With all the progressives it is going to be hard to keep our republic from becoming a democracy or worse an oligarchy. We need to be ready to fight for our rights and maintain our freedoms.
From my understanding, and taking the words of the last several presidents as being true, we are already a democracy, the states are incorporated into the federal system, we citizens are all tied to the federal system, rather than being a nation of laws (that is to say, legislation that is in agreement with the constitution is enforced, and only such legislation), we are a nation of unconstitutional opinion, codes and regulations, and the federal government, that same government that reaches beyond the several states to tax the citizens directly rather than obtaining its funding through those several states, run by politicians who are directly elected by ignorant citizens rather than being sent to D.C. by the state governments, does the bidding of the global corporations and banks rather than doing what it was created to do - protect our God-given liberties.

This is why I am not so much worried about our government failing, but succeeding in its endeavors that are cloaked from the view of most people. This is why I believe we are in a lot of trouble, trouble that is intensifying with every year that goes by, and every election that is held.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Not trying to make this a political issue, just saying that we are farther down the road to tyranny than we might think, and that the government is not necessarily on the side of the citizens.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand what you are saying and that resistance is a part of my life. That's why I write so many letters to representatives and organizations. If our representatives are made to think about what they are doing then it is more likely that they understand our concerns. They don't always act on the information they get but some do. Some still believe that our rights and freedoms are still important. At this point all I can do is keep the information in the loop and express myself at the boxes that are lawfully available to me.
The soap box, the ballot box, and as a last resort, the ammo box. We were given a republican form of government with guarantees of our rights and freedoms. If we allow that government to remove those rights and freedoms then it is our own fault when we lose them. What is not used dissipates, so use your rights and freedoms or lose them it is up to you.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I don't see as much has changed since you posted this thread may of last year. Of coarse China has weighed in on our right to have and bear arms. And things keep chugging down the road to implosion.
My thoughts are and always have been that the end game is open boarders and a global currency.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As long as my rights and freedoms are intact they can use any kind of funny money they want and let everybody come and go as they please. When they circumvent my rights we have a major problem!

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
They are using those two things against us.
Flood the nation with people who do not understand or even agree with what we believe, so that we be anything but unified when the house of credit finally collapses.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Interesting talking points, though the fear of nuclear holocaust isn't something I concern myself very much with. Reason being? If you do a little deep diving you'll find out that the disassembling of our nuclear weapons isn't anywhere near as far-gone as people make it out to be, that, and our nuclear weapons are significantly more advanced than any other nation's (Yes we can still claim technological advantages, even over Russia and China), as well as destructive. So, the nuclear deterrent of mutually assured destruction is still very real, which is why China and Russia are still fairly "PC" in their political dealings, preferring shadow engagements/financing of those who are in direct opposition of the United States as opposed to open conflict with us.

I'd say that our biggest threat of potential attack/invasion would be via an atmospheric nuclear detonation (otherwise known as an EMP blast). Though the EMP wouldn't take out most of our military technology, it would take out the vast majority of our civilian power grid, making the government and nation extremely fragile. I know it sounds a little Red Dawnish, but realistically, that's what would be the most likely avenue of approach for an attacking/invading force. Though I think the true key players in such an attack would be a combination of North Korea and Iran financially backed by China, mainly because Russia isn't nearly the super power we even suspect these days, of course, they'd probably have a role in such an offensive. Still, that would leave their naval fleets having to punch through our own, and we have a Navy larger than nearly the entire world combined, so to realistically land on American soil they'd have to allocate all of their resources into punching a hole through one section, but then they'd suffer the ever growing possibility of the rest of our naval fleets redirecting to cut off their route and prevent any further forces from putting their feet on American soil. Of course, that's not saying we'd come out unscathed, and there's the possibility of a ground attack from South/Central America and a partial sea invasion from the gulf via use of small boats in an attempt to bypass the Coast Guard.

All of that said, I don't think there's an immediate threat, but it's one to always keep our eyes on as concerned citizens. If anything, it's always better to be prepared and never have to utilize everything you've stockpiled/prepped than to have never prepared at all and be caught with your pants around your feet.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's the governments credit, mine is all paid in full. If the government defaults then we can institute a better one.

The government won't default, they would rather set up a scenario upon which they can blame the collapse.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.