Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...urity-guards-in-local-district-185952902.html
"BURIEN, Wash. -- A controversial proposal to disarm school guards and police officers in the Highline School District will soon go before the school board for a decision, but not everyone is supportive of the idea.There are 20 armed officers stationed throughout the Highline School District, and the new proposal -- which the district's new superintendent brought to the table -- would make every school within the district a "gun free zone."

I am sitting here shaking my head...I just don't know what to say...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every once in a while there are some stories that I have to ignore simply because my brain just cannot process the unfathomable amount of stupidity involved in it.

This is one of those stories.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Gun free is gun free, only criminals are above the laws. Let the cops and guards live within the same laws law abiding citizens have to, then see how long they enforce stupid anti 2nd amendment laws. Better yet have politicians and members of the school board be unarmed security guards.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Perhaps "Superintendent Sue" feels the guards could be just as effective against assailants if they each had a board with a nail in it.... unless of course the bad guys had BIGGER boards... with BIGGER nails!

·
Registered
887 Posts
We have LEO's in our High Schools. Have had it for years. I cant attest to what effect it has on our kids as I am long since out of school. The scariest part about cops in all schools is they then have to replace those LEO's thus increasing there paramilitary size. That is a scary scenario for many places. I think you are seeing backlash to gun control in general in this case and the movement to put armed guards in every school.

Thats why I have supported voluntary CWP permits for principles and other non classroom agents in the school. They could be given unique training by experienced professionals and compensated for there willingness to defend our children. The fact the principle and another staff member were the first to die at Sandy Hook while confronting the shooter at the front entrance supports the veracity of this approach vs an LEO in every school which would be a massive move to a paramilitary controlled America as well as a great expenditure of funds that are currently not available.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
How about a cop/soldier in "every house" while we're at it. Then we could all "feel" safe!!! You know, one from nobama civilian army!

·
Registered
24,399 Posts
We have LEO's in our High Schools. Have had it for years. I cant attest to what effect it has on our kids as I am long since out of school. The scariest part about cops in all schools is they then have to replace those LEO's thus increasing there paramilitary size. That is a scary scenario for many places. I think you are seeing backlash to gun control in general in this case and the movement to put armed guards in every school.

Thats why I have supported voluntary CWP permits for principles and other non classroom agents in the school. They could be given unique training by experienced professionals and compensated for there willingness to defend our children. The fact the principle and another staff member were the first to die at Sandy Hook while confronting the shooter at the front entrance supports the veracity of this approach vs an LEO in every school which would be a massive move to a paramilitary controlled America as well as a great expenditure of funds that are currently not available.
There were no LEOs in my high school, and none were needed.

Would you care to guess how many rifles and shotguns were in our cars and pick-ups during hunting season? Still, nobody got shot, and a firearm was never even brandished.

Yes, we were boys, and we even knuckle-pounded each other on occasion. The smallest of teachers were able to break up the fight and send us to the office. We had respect for our elders and our teachers.

Tell me, why is today different? Why are LEOs needed in schools?

The problem is not the behavior, as that is merely a symptom. The problem is the Agenda that has deteriorated our society to the vile shape we now see.

The problem has been created so that the solution can be enforced.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I dont believe LEO's are needed in schools. In my town we had the Kip Kinkle school shooting (one of the first following Columbine). Thats when they felt it necessary to put LEO's in High Schools. Personally I have always felt it was a way to target and label individuals as potential troublemakers and start a file on them. Now with the new rhetoric about putting LEO's in every school I feel weve taken another huge step into Fascism.

At the minimum all this talk of it and the fiscal debacle and gun control is an extreme way to agitate the populace.

·
Registered
24,399 Posts
I dont believe LEO's are needed in schools. In my town we had the Kip Kinkle school shooting (one of the first following Columbine). Thats when they felt it necessary to put LEO's in High Schools. Personally I have always felt it was a way to target and label individuals as potential troublemakers and start a file on them. Now with the new rhetoric about putting LEO's in every school I feel weve taken another huge step into Fascism.
Our children are being trained to view a police state as the norm. They are being trained that weapons in the hands of the authorities is right, while weapons in the hands of the citizens is scary.

·
Registered
363 Posts
More stupid Libtard ideology. Yah, if you resemble that remark, I'm talking to you. Idiots. Especially the ones on this forum defending the Libtard agenda.

·
Registered
921 Posts
what in the hell are people thinking... i just dont understand what utopia they are living in. it certainly isnt here...
It isn't anywhere. It's in their minds. As the fat gal (Rosie) says, delusional.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts