Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting my son in Pittsburgh and surprised myself that this area was really enjoyable.

The wife and I visited a few small townships outside of the city while playing tourist and the abundance of resources for the prepper was obvious.

the terrain and countryside is beautiful, the very old houses unique and different but makes sense given the steep terrain and limited flat land.

I imagine outdoorsman would find it an enjoyable playground.

We leave tomorrow but today exploring awaits as the son of mine is off to work.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
Great day to explore, cool but sun. Lots to explore from colonial times through modern. Lived in this area most of my life.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I've always enjoyed my time in and around the City of Bridges. Outside the city is beautiful but even downtown is very nice for a city. I hope you got to experience the Men's Room at Jerome Bettis' sports bar. Just that experience alone is worth the airfare.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Leaving Pittsburgh alive and with all your parts, . . . that's good all in itself.

Didn't leave anything there, ain't goin' back.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leaving Pittsburgh alive and with all your parts, . . . that's good all in itself.

Didn't leave anything there, ain't goin' back.

May God bless,
Dwight
That bad?

Good morning, I am not a city person either but did enjoy all the old architecture and local history. 2 things I did notice was people litter here and the locals are aggressive drivers.

We stayed in the Highland park area by the Zoo.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
Good and bad sections like any city. Try heading east into the Laurel Highlands. Ask @Chiefster23

Reactions: Toefoot

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good and bad sections like any city. Try heading east into the Laurel Highlands. Ask @Chiefster23
No bigs, car is packed and the wife and I are heading back to Colorado in a few after we visit the strip for some Italian fixens to bring back with us.

The meat deli here had the best cuts of Polish and Italian fixens, made some great dinners this week.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
Oh .…. my bad. I thought you had been t the quaint little town of NE Texas, where Bo Pilgrim put the chicken business on the map and you can buy the original Pittsburg Hot Links. Greasy and finger lickin' good! Hot sauce topped is mandatory.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,625 Posts
It was. Emphasis on was.

Thanks.
I know we restrict newbies from being able to link to anything. Should we consider disallowing images too until 10 or so posts?

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
I know we restrict newbies from being able to link to anything. Should we consider disallowing images too until 10 or so posts?
You are our techspert. PM @Cricket if you think that would make the site more secure. I'm a technological knuckle-dragger.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Pittsburgh might be the nicest major city in the USA. It's damn sure in the top five. They've enjoyed a fantastic renaissance over the past few decades.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
Leave your AR at home, you are not welcome if you have a High Cap Mag !
Bunch of Libtard hysteria. State law prohibits such local laws that restrict firearms.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pittsburgh might be the nicest major city in the USA. It's damn sure in the top five. They've enjoyed a fantastic renaissance over the past few decades.
In the Highland Park area I did see much change going on, some protest about gentrification. Never knew the people investing in the neighborhood was a bad thing.

Reactions: Hemi45

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In the Highland Park area I did see much change going on, some protest and flyers about gentrification. Never knew that people investing in the neighborhood was a bad thing.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Leave your AR at home, you are not welcome if you have a High Cap Mag !
Bunch of Libtard hysteria. State law prohibits such local laws that restrict firearms.
I think that Florida is the same way, it has a state preemption, barring municipalities from running amok. You can have as many high cap mags as you would like.

There isn't much anti-gun sentiment here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts