Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that does any of this on this forum? I love a good cigarette after a meal sometimes and when I'm doing something outdoors I HAVE to have some chewing tobacco. And yes, I know what it can do to you. ::clapping::

·
Registered
693 Posts
I smoked for 5 years, but hated what it did to my abilities to run and play sports, plus my ex threatened no "fun time" if I didn't quit. So I did and have been smoke free for about 6 years, i do enjoy a nice Cigar though with my buddy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
in an END OF THE WORLD SENARIO all tabacco products would be @ a premium! Tabacco (cigs, chew, cigars etc) can be kept for extended periods of time if kept in a humidifier. I have 3 small ones that I must constantly tend (adding water to keep the humidity up) but am planning on making one large one with a better more effecient humidifier. I recomend swinging by your local cigar shop to get an idea and talking to the teller about a set up for multiple types of tobacco. I plan on having an extencive store of as many different varieties; I chew and enjoy a good cigar too, this way if something happened the things I do not want or if the wife catches me, I can use it as trade...

When I was in IRAQ I kept 2-3 packs of AMERICAN cigaretts in my Bug Out Bag, yes the military still uses them, and thankfuly I never had to use it but I did use it to improve relations with locals and get information that helped, so if it worked over there it would definatly work here at home

just my two cents, hope it helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Keep your eyes open for coupons as well. Marlboro has a coupon in packs of cigs for free dip every time you buy a product. Stocking up for barter and use myself. Be pretty funny seeing my wife with a dip and spitting if we ever run out of smokes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cigars occasionally, and some beer, would probably turn to moon shining, besides alcohol it has many uses.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've smoked cigarettes, chewed, dipped, smoked a pipe and most heavily cigars. Mostly in fazes though for the others, but cigars which I still smoke now and the longest even as a boy when I could get them. Just cigars now too, every once and a while. God do I love them too. Partagas, Artero Fuentes, La Gloria Cubanas, Romeo Y Julieta's all get my attention when it's time for a good smoke. Various rolls. Just matters what tingles my taste buds at the time and how many. I'm so trying to be good, but it's hard.

Hand Musician Flash photography Gesture Tie

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't smoke tobacco as I'm very active and it isn't conducive to my lifestyle although I sincerely cherish the wonderful history of tobacco and it was one of the early vehicles driving the early American economy. Also, I have had a certain allure to cigarettes ever since I read Atlas Shrugged last summer. I am however a casual marijuana smoker as it seriously helps my joint pain.(6'6" tall) From a scientific aspect its absolutely incredible what marijuana and tobacco have become from what they were ~2500 years ago. From our spreading and selective breeding of the plants we have selected the very most fruitful of them being a refined genetic organism that is as much us as it is a plant. Without us plants like tobacco, marijuana, potatoes, apples, corn, or hell you name it. Any plant you see is a product of our selective breeding. Therefore all these things are very much a part of us and are of value without measure if all the others on earth were exterminated. Seeds (when i say seeds I really mean clones) will be the most valuable commodity there is. Nothing will be greater than the value of the plants once we lay waste to our glorious world with nuclear devastation. I'm just crossing my fingers for a non-nuclear event...

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Yes, I used to be a heavy user. I've used it in all its glorious forms. The best taste, hands down, was the pipe. The most abused was the cigarette. The most satisfying was the dip. The dip was also the one that saved lives as I could regulate the dose as needed.

I've been off the drug for several years, now. I won't be going back. If I think things are about to go real bad, I'll probably buy a few rolls of Kodiak or something. I remember cigarettes and dip being like gold when we went to the field back in the army days. I suspect I might pick up a few pieces of silver when the lights go out for good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just heard recently that American made cigarettes have this chemical in it to make them go out if you don't smoke them continuously until the end of the cigarette .I opted to get cigarettes imported from Europe. They don't have the chemical in it and they are a lot cheaper. It works out to be about 30 dollars a carton for L&M or Marlboro.

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
Best tobacco is a combination of varieties. 2013 will be my third year of growing. Depending on variety, 110-165 day to grow. Hardest part is proper curing. Silk leaf & burley are the two I grow. Tobacco needs the requirements as tomatoes.

Atleast 60% of cost of cigarettes is taxes. Buying tobacco is one pound bags, some filtered tubes, & a rolling machine you will save atleast 60% on the price of cigarettes. One pound of tobacco you will get atleast two cartoons of cigarettes. Ends up costing about $10 per carton.

·
Registered
28 Posts
smoked for 4-5 years. just recently quit just shy of 4 weeks ago. i still like to chew on occasion. But in the shtf situation i can drop that no issues. I do greatly miss lighting up a cigarette after a meal but i know its for the best.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Never cared for cigarettes, and I can't stand the smell of dip/chew/etc. Cigars though, they'll always have a special place in my heart. Doubt I'll get one in a post apocalyptic world, but if I do, I'll have to save it for a special occasion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.