Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my plan. I plan on a remote island (Think Gilligan!). At least zombies can't swim..... or can they? lol.

[attachment=0:q7215bh0]bugoutboat.JPG[/attachment:q7215bh0]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Honda 2006 VTX 1300 Cruiser. Has only 6000 miles on it. Great on gas. I guess this would be one of my fast ways out. It wont carry much, but it will get me there.

[attachment=0:gdxo464h]bike2 008 small version.jpg[/attachment:gdxo464h]

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nice! I'm going to steal my neighbors' sons big wheel. That'll beast those zombies.

I don't think zombies can swim they can walk on the bottom but would decay at an exponential rate, and fish would probably pick at them, so they wouldn't last too long I imagine!

Reactions: paraquack and ozo

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
acidlittle said:
Nice! I'm going to steal my neighbors' sons big wheel. That'll beast those zombies.

I don't think zombies can swim they can walk on the bottom but would decay at an exponential rate, and fish would probably pick at them, so they wouldn't last too long I imagine!
Haha! But what if the fish are zombies? lol :shock:

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
survival said:
Honda 2006 VTX 1300 Cruiser. Has only 6000 miles on it. Great on gas. I guess this would be one of my fast ways out. It wont carry much, but it will get me there.

[attachment=0:267ti20y]bike2 008 small version.jpg[/attachment:267ti20y]
I like this, now all you need are some knobbies a set of assless chaps and a mowhawk, maybe a crossbow that you wear like a glove too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Leon said:
survival said:
I like this, now all you need are some knobbies a set of assless chaps and a mowhawk, maybe a crossbow that you wear like a glove too.
You just gave me a great idea for my avatar!

·
Registered
245 Posts
survival said:
acidlittle said:

Haha! But what if the fish are zombies? lol :shock:
Indeed. And if the fish turned into zombies the animals that eat them would turn into zombies. That does it for the island idea for me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
How much does one of those run??

·
Registered
36 Posts
The trailers can cost anywhere from 4000 up to $15000! I am going to try to talk to a welder friend of mine and try to build a basic off road trailer with the pindle hook hitch for articulation, and a good suspension that can be modular. Once I get started I will post info and cost factors that came into play

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
They are awesome. Have you seen those little teardrop trailers? They started making these back in the 70's (I think thats when they first came out). I would die for one of thoses if I can find one locally. I betcha Leon would die also for one. Has options from everything from aircondition to solar power. Very nice. I know there are people that get the older ones and restore them, but these stainless ones are really nice and look very well made.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
survival said:
They are awesome. Have you seen those little teardrop trailers? They started making these back in the 70's (I think thats when they first came out). I would die for one of thoses if I can find one locally. I betcha Leon would die also for one. Has options from everything from aircondition to solar power. Very nice. I know there are people that get the older ones and restore them, but these stainless ones are really nice and look very well made.

I drool over these, the subaru dealer has a tiny little teardrop style thing made for outbacks I have been window shopping for a year now. I need to look this up because I don't know if they are manufactured or only custom made. If they still make these that would definitely make a decent little all in one solution. Oh look, they do. these ones are a little pricy but hey- they look nice as hell

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like the tear drop trailers... BUT for hunting and bugging out I would think that the bright shinnyness of it could draw alot of attention... the trailers that I have been looking at replicating look like this... minus the bright shinny diamond plate

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right now we are using our Diesel truck and this camper. It dones not ake a lot of power to live it it for a extended period of time till it settles back down..

bronco.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
The stainless steel trailer looks awesome. Havent seen one in ss before. Maybe i have but as clean as that one. And i always wanted one. I have an f150 but a little tear drop trailer like that would be a cool add on.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
nothing fancy honda crosstour v6 awd

needed the comfort and mpg to stalk my kids. but ground clearance for my dirt and rocky road affliction awd for the snow and mud.
needed to ride like a car but with suv function, lay the seats down and sleep in the back, i can also stick my mountain bike in the back.
thought long and hard before i did this. down side 400 miles to a tank of gas. passed up the 2013 jeep grand cherokee, but got that for my older son.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
When the gas/petrol runs out (or the filling stations are locked down or surrounded by armed militia), the dear old bicycle will be a good way of getting around, they're even better than horses because they don't have to be fed, watered and tended, and they're quiet too, (think stealth).

Here's my bike (below) in the middle of Wales some years ago, my sleeping bag and food are crammed into the saddlebag and my tent is strapped on top meaning the back wheel takes all the weight, not your legs. (The orange waterproof jacket is lashed over to rainproof everything)

The trick is to NEVER push the pace, so get off for a rest and a snack every few miles, and walk up all the hills and you can go on for ever.
Any average fit person could pedal at least 50 miles a day, no problem, but DON'T cycle in winter unless you HAVE to, it's twice as hard as summer!

PS- Longest trip I ever did was from Leicester (England) to Paris (France) and back, pedalling a total of about 800 miles over 8 days, the summer weather was great which made it easy..:)

Families getting outta town..

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
nothing fancy honda crosstour v6 awd

needed the comfort and mpg to stalk my kids. but ground clearance for my dirt and rocky road affliction awd for the snow and mud.
needed to ride like a car but with suv function, lay the seats down and sleep in the back, i can also stick my mountain bike in the back.
thought long and hard before i did this. down side 400 miles to a tank of gas. passed up the 2013 jeep grand cherokee, but got that for my older son.

Almost bought one of those

1 - 20 of 214 Posts