Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there are these videos that have a guy with a stick pen, he shows ways to use it to defend yourself. Worth it? I figure I always have a pen on me esp when I go into a place where I can't carry.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
survival said:
Ok, there are these videos that have a guy with a stick pen, he shows ways to use it to defend yourself. Worth it? I figure I always have a pen on me esp when I go into a place where I can't carry.
I dunno, i saw this cold steel self defense style pen and damn if I want to be hit by one even by a woman. I heard also of two pens that are actually a balisong knife, a gun pen, a 22 cell phone, ballistic pen knives, I even saw one that hides a piano wire garrote. I'd say any of those ideas are worth looking into. They say the pen is mightier than the sword? ::rambo:: Might just be. I know that my uncle years ago was writing something on a map while driving, and got in a wreck, and when he woke up the pen was stuck real deep in his temple and he was stuck on a table unable to move or speak like that one old episode of the twilight zone. A doctor eventually noticed him trying to call out, they were about to pronounce him dead. If a pen can do that just by accident you could probably do a man quick with one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I assume that you are referring to the tactical pens. A tactical pen, actually any can sturdy pen can be used as force multiplier, just like a kubaton. The fact that they are a pen just allows you to carry an item can work as a pen or a self defense. They put tactical in front of the work pen, so they will sell more :). Tactical pens fit the niche for people who cannot carry a dedicated weapon like a gun or a knife. They may be prohibited due to their workplace, living environment, etc. The pens are not even close to be as good as a weapon as a knife or gun, but it is better than nothing. I have met a few people who are deadly with a kubaton. They would be just as deadly with the pen. It's about the training and mindset not the weapon. Sorry for the long ramble.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I carry a plain sharpie pen when working these a pretty robust and can inflict decent damage.They are also useful for writing on stuff :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
There are a lot of different things out there that can help ya in a pinch. Just make sure that you know the laws. Ballistic pens and pen guns are classified as any other firearm or any other weapon and Im pretty sure they require the class III stamp.

Reactions: survival

·
Registered
640 Posts
Our dojo trains us to use a 6 inch dowel.... which is just the right size for "Officer... I am using this to learn to spin a pen or pencil in my fingers... you wouldn't by chance know how, would you?" :)

I've carried it for years...

Reactions: survival

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I have some brass and aluminum ball point pens that I can use to write with besides being very sturdy.

Remember the nerds with the pocket protectors?

·
Registered
450 Posts
The pens are not even close to be as good as a weapon as a knife or gun, but it is better than nothing.
Its an good thing to defend your self at the first moment.
The best think is you can wear it very open and dont need to cover up.
At the Airport nobody care about my normal steel Pens.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I carry an Uzi tactical pen, pointed weapon on one end, finer point on the other. The barrel of the pen is turned aluminum, and more importantly it takes standard American refills from places like office supply stores.

It also makes a great fending weapon. Like it or not, thugs are going to get within 21 feet of you in crowds and at the mall. A pointed pen to the face will give you time to speed-rock your pistol.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I have a tactical pen , just as a back up if needed .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts