Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
absolutely!
Passport card always in my wallet (good for Canada / Mexico border crossing)
Passport booklet in the safe at home.

Reactions: survival

·
Registered
13 Posts
The one thing we have to consider is the mass volume of people that will be trying to get out of the country. Canada will be under a lot of stress. You'd be nuts to go for Mexico unless you have a contact person there and can easily blend in - they will be waiting to take advantage of fleeing Americans. My best bet would be Montana if I could get on a plane....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree Frune. If one were to enter Canada, the best they could hope for under most conditions would be a life of isolation in a refugee camp. The reality is, however, that in my humble opinion one reason we prep is to be available when necessary to rebuild society here in America. Perhaps a less effluent society at first, but a civilized society.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im not too sure about this idea. WTSHTF im sure foreign countries will not want to accept refugees. In Mexico you can visit for a short time using the pass port. But it is illegal to reside as an alien in Mexico. They will prob take all your stuff and throw you in jail... Or deport your ass. Mexico has very strict immigration laws. In my opinion Mexico is a very bad idea. Canada would be cool. Cold but cool. Im not up on their gun laws or if you could immigrate and keep them. Im thinking ill say where I am. I am fortunate to live in southern Ca. where i have water year round from the Santa Anna river, good land to grow, and plenty of animals for hunting.... Im also tucked back in a less populated area.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I do not need a passport. I did my travelling on orders, and plan on staying right here.
I am not leaving. Period.
I understand your philosophy, however, a wise man never says what he won't do. It might be wise just to have an exit plan in case the defecation really does hits the oscillating rotator or it gets too deep. (I'm just saying).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts