Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m pakrat from S. New England. Just starting up here and like the discussions I see.

·
Administrator
14,708 Posts
UUMMMM!! New England clam chowder.

Oh, and welcome from Florida. Sorry, I had momentary brain fade.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the welcoming comments. I’m going to sit in the corner for a while and soak up some of the great information. Our family is pretty well established prep-wise (food, water, defense, skills, BO B-V-L). Of course, unless you’re set up in a multi-million-dollar fortress, we all have weak points. I think we’re aware of most of ours, but haven’t figured out how to mitigate practically or affordably. I’m hoping to find some of that here.

If I see a post where I can contribute, I certainly will. From my personal perspective, the time for political discussions has passed. I think we all agree that it sucks and we’re heading down a dark road. We’re amply prepared defensively (material and training) and it’s so subjective, I don’t engage much there either. I do hunt (handgun, rifle, shotgun & bow) and enjoy discussions about the merits of hunting practices and weapons.

I believe that actively contributing locally is worthwhile. My wife and I work at the local food bank and access any CERT training that interests us. Not everyone in need is or will be a zombie. Some can actually teach you how to get by on much less. The contacts, info pipes and friendships established have a lot of value and we figure if we can help reduce the potential numbers or at least know who is who, it gives us an edge at understanding the theatre we may find ourselves in.

I look forward to settling in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts