Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some might laugh, but i think having a paintball gun(esp in tough states to get a lic gun) This might be a good option..what do you think? Im telling you they hurt..lol

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
As a weapon for defense? I dont think so. While it hurts, especially if the paint balls are frozen it amounts to little more than a "harassing agent", as I refer to it as.

I will tell you though where paint ball guns make a difference...training! They are an excellent method of training on tactics and movement drills, especially when you have a "designated bad guy" who can shoot back at you! They arent as good as simunitions but they are a hell of a lot cheaper though. I lost count of the hours us guys in the armory had to play "bad guy" or "Hostage Taker" for the SEAL teams at our bases. Getting lit up like a light bulb really suxs but it taught me how to dish it out every bit as good as I took it though!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah you're right that sounds like some great advice.. I'm thinking of probably buy a new paintball gun and use it as practice.. thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've used paintball and airsoft as training for years, from one-on-one and one-versus-two in the woods and indoors to team battles, sometimes hundreds of participants for a weekend across 300-500 acres, the tools are different and the engagement ranges limited but it helps with stealth, communications, etc.

Paintball guns can fire pepperballs, and heavier ammunition with some real punch, so-called "less lethal" - FN makes a weapon for the police and military, I have an SA-8 for pepperball ammo and such - I imagine there are times when I might use it at TEOTWAWKI.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I was going to mention the pepper spray paintballs as well, I understand they are über effective,

I think a setup that you could eject pepper spray outside your door via a nozzle would be a great deterrent as well. Bad guy comes down the hallway to your apartment just dust the whole corridor with pepper.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Personally, forget paintball. Too expensive, and after awhile the paint will go bad and the balls lose their shape. Lot's of issues with paintball. Plus, that big tub up there can get in the way, you need to refill air canisters. Generally a pain in the ass.

However, Airsoft is another story. My 18 year old is into it. He has an M4 that you cant tell tell the difference between it and a real one. They are battery operated and the BB's they shoot are inexpensive. Semi, burst or full auto. They're pretty bad ass. 1:1 scale, weights are negligible. SWAT teams use them for training. And they HURT LIKE A BITCH!!! If you have an aggressor that's not "determined" or under the influence of drugs, you could generally send them running, with lots of welts, bruises and even some broken skin. Especially on full auto. With a determined aggressor, you might find yourself getting your ass handed to you.

They're fun, not too expensive (but there are some "cadillac" models out there - $$$$) and great training aids for working on sight/target acquisition/tactics. But forget paintball. You're talking Matchlock vs. Modern. Paintball is outdated.

Reactions: MaterielGeneral

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
One option "although difficult to get a hold of" for paintball guns- As a non-lethal alternative, there is paintball ammo that is made that contains a charge of tear gas that erupts on contact. This is a weapon that many prisons here in FL use to quell riots. I am not sure what it takes to acquire this ammo, but this, coupled with a quality, full automatic paintball gun, seems to me to be VERY effective.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Have seen pepper balls fail too many times. How ever there was one fairly hilarious time when an inmate thought that by stripping naked he would intimidate us. Another pulled his suicide blanket over his head and torso but left his butt hanging out, that's entertainment!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have an huge problem. I can only get an Paintball Gun legal. Anything with Gunpowder require an Licence who cost a lot of €.

So an Paintball Gun is the best option. I got for some € Hardrubber Balls but the are on the way.
Can anyone recommend an Paintball Gun with hight pressure behind.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
A group of about 10-15 of us played paintball over a 35 acre wooded property with a lake and about 30 buildings for about 5 years back when I was in my 20s. Different rules and players from time to time, even had several local cops and state troopers join in regularly, we kept extra guns around so we always had a nice mix of newbies and experienced professionals to practice with.

Great training and good exercise, something I wouldn't mind getting back into.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I do not want my people to believe it is acceptable to shoot each other with a paint ball gun or any other kind of gun unless deadly force if required. Here on our farm, deer, squirrel rabbits dogs and cats get shot, it is a done deal and it is terminal. Every one knows when you pull the trigger it is terminal and permanent even the eight year old. I believe that video games and the like glorifying shooting at each other adversely effects the week minded. And their fore should not be encouraged

·
Registered
436 Posts
I dont want kill anyone but what do you will do then the boarder are open and you can reach SK, CZ, HU in 30min - 60min.
The thieves cross the Boarder and rush back home with money and jewellery and other stuff. When the come into your house what do you want to do?
Call the Police? On a Bussy Day you can wait +30min.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
BG breaks in you shoot him or at him with a paint ball gun...good luck. Please have card with next of Kin listed in right front pocket.
No you would be better off with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No you would be better off with a baseball bat.
And the end i go to jail because i beat an harmless traumatised Iraqi who search for food...
That is the reality. I can do anything if the guy who enter my House attack me first. East European Gangs also carry some kind of Handgun.

An Paintball Gun with Rubber Amor is an good and in my Country an legal way for self defence.
I can learn aim and shoot with reusable Rubber Ammo. Do you know what a Taser cost? omg... to much. every shot cost 50€ to!
And Pepperspray go only 10m wide.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
You can't seriously consider a paint ball gun as a means of protection. As Smitty said you would do better with a baseball bat or long knife.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Got to vote with Prepared One, A paintball gun for self protection is foolishness. I keep pepper spray around for my lady friend and it would be much more effective than a paintball gun in in a house it has plenty of range.

If .50 cents a shot is too much money for your wallet you need a second job. It takes a lot of practice to become proficient with a weapon.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If a paintball gun is truly all you can afford, or use, then go for it. Fire for the face, an unprotected face shot will force someone to duck and cover at least. I have trained shooting while being shot with a paintball gun, it is an effective distraction, but not a man stopper.

Paintball shots to the face while approaching target, then paintball gun as club until attacker is down, or paintball gun is in small pieces. Then it's hand to hand baby!

If the intruder is armed with a gun or knife, you are toast.

Reactions: Slippy
1 - 20 of 50 Posts