Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Well people here are on high alert all the time anyway, but no one is what I would call a "prepper", so haven't been able to make any serious contacts.
I guess I am still confused on what you wish to do. I participate here because it is a way to get ideas, and share my ideas, anonymously. I do not want anyone, whether they are preppers or not, to know exactly who I am, where I can be found, or what I have in the way of preps. I especially don't want anyone near by to have that knowledge. That just makes me a target. That's why I don't post a picture or want to meet anyone.

If you make a contact with someone you intend to eventually trade with, they have to at least know who you are and where you are in order to find you to conduct trade. They will also know you have something in the way of saleable goods. Doesn't that make you a target?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Surprisingly, It was on the news maybe twice and after that, nothing... We have bigger problems here, worse than one death 8000km away, not being a d*ick but it's how it is
I hear rumors that Russia may be flexing their muscles, Is that what you are referring to?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I hear rumors that Russia may be flexing their muscles, Is that what you are referring to?
No actually it's the almost crippling unemployment rate (30-40% it varies) and the ethnic tensions that still haven't exactly subsided. Anyways, Russia usually supported us (Bosnian Serbs) and we supported them, while the West usually supported the Bosnian Muslims. I mean we don't have a problem with anyone other than ourselves here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Even though this is an old topic; I believe that OPSEC is important for most preppers. Some of us are in positions or have private circumstances that don't allow to go into the open. I prep solitary and I'am aware that when SHTF there is no one to be trusted. Might sound bit paranoia but this is how I think about it. I prep in order to find my way alone when SHTF. Besides that, I'am not a group kind of person. ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
OPSEC is probably the most important thing when SHTF. Anyone who is not as well prepared as you when SHTF will seek help or assistance from you and eventually you'll be swarmed by people needing/wanting/craving your help, and eventually you will suffer quite a lot from it. It's better to stick with OPSEC as a rule of thumb, don't let anyone know.

The silk road or its equivalent will develop over time as civilizations start to grow back, people gather up in communities and start trading and sharing and working in groups. Eventually trading will become a bigger deal and the silk road will develop naturally. This is nothing you can plan ahead nor speculate as it all depends on what happens, when it happens and how it happens.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts