Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
I had just turned 19, part of an M1A1 tank crew with B Co, 4/32nd Armor Regiment "Red Lions", 3rd Armor Division and we proceeded to kick the crap out of the Republican Guard with the 2nd ACR. My unit ended up being one of the last to leave theatre and were relieved by a French unit from the U.N. Left all of our tanks, APC's and vehicles in Kuwait.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I had just turned 19, part of an M1A1 tank crew with B Co, 4/32nd Armor Regiment "Red Lions", 3rd Armor Division and we proceeded to kick the crap out of the Republican Guard with the 2nd ACR. My unit ended up being one of the last to leave theatre and were relieved by a French unit from the U.N. Left all of our tanks, APC's and vehicles in Kuwait.
First...thank your for your service.
2nd, it sucks when we leave everything behind.

When I was 10 years old, my Dad got stationed in France. He went over first to get things ready for the family to follow.
De Gaulle had other ideas and kicked the American troops out of France. We ended up in Germany instead.

My Dad said...before they left the bases, all the buildings were stripped of everything...copper pipe, electrical wiring, sinks, latrines...you name it. Took bulldozers to all the runways.

Makes me smile when I think of that.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
First...thank your for your service.
2nd, it sucks when we leave everything behind.

When I was 10 years old, my Dad got stationed in France. He went over first to get things ready for the family to follow.
De Gaulle had other ideas and kicked the American troops out of France. We ended up in Germany instead.

My Dad said...before they left the bases, all the buildings were stripped of everything...copper pipe, electrical wiring, sinks, latrines...you name it. Took bulldozers to all the runways.

Makes me smile when I think of that.
I did a 3 week rotation to Guatemala with the MN National Guard as part of "Operation Timberwolf" in 1995. I went down with a transportation unit and our mission was bringing all trucks, and hauling all heavy construction equipment from up in the mountains down to the ports to be shipped out. I will never forget how damn dangerous it was driving on those mountains in that country. My point is that the National Guard had built temporary bases for us as we were just one rotation and there had been several before us stretching over a year. Building schools, fixing roads and other construction projects in the country. After my rotation left, the engineers tore down all of the temporary basis, busted up all of the concrete and destroyed all of the buildings. We left nothing other than the good will constructions projects that were built in the craphole country.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts