Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had decided to keep this pistola but I need a new walking foot sewing machine for leather work. Among other things, so here it is. If your not in Alabama an out of state transfer will be required....

$1,699.00 or trade!

It's a rare two tone randall….

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Clear something up is it a Randall or another 1911 with Randall parts?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Curious about that myself, I was not aware they made a two-tone, but then there are many things I am unaware of.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand it was built by randall as an early two tone with a colt frame. I have a "expert" in rare 1911's sending me some documents to demonstrate this. I am also in contact with the guy who bought the gun new, says the same.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Curious about that myself, I was not aware they made a two-tone, but then there are many things I am unaware of.
From what I am told, Yes, they made two tones. They are a little more rare from what I understand. I know of a 9mm two tone like mine that sold for $2200.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Need to track it down when it was made. Randall parts showed up on other weapons

Reactions: BamaBoy101

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Need to track it down when it was made. Randall parts showed up on other weapons
Agreed, from what i have been told its one of the first they produced. Built in mid to late 1983....

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I met a guy the other day that has him a Colt 1911 made in 1912 and has paperwork that is was in every war up until here recently. He traded a $1500 truck for it...but only had about $600 in the truck.. Just imagine the stories that Colt could tell!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I first acquired this pistol I thought someone just built up a pistol with a Randall slide. I showed it to a few people and no one knew much. I carried to a local pawn shop as a real gun guy works there. They downplayed the value saying it was worth about $500. But then tried to buy it with an initial offer of $300. Before I left they had offered $930.00 for the pistol. They did everything they could to keep me from walking out with the gun. This peaked my curiosity and that’s when I really started seeking answers seriously. This “expert” I am talking to is out of New York and seems to know his business……

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW, I would also be willing to trade for a 308 bull barrel, Depends on what ya got. Like I said though, out of state will require a dealer transfer...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK guys, sold her this afternoon to a collector. Came with info and took her home.

Reactions: Meangreen
1 - 13 of 13 Posts