Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at work today and received a message from my girlfriend that made my heart just drop. There was a bomb threat on her campus and I was 40 minutes away, feeling shock. I leave work explaining my situation and drive as fast as possible to try and help.The train she takes had been warned there was a bomb threat and did nothing. Dropped all the students off at the platform on campus and told them there was nothing they could do for them. Because she only paid 16 dollars to get dropped off at school the train could not take them the next safe stop at union station. There on campus roads blocked no way in no way out my girl was stuck. She would go one way and the police would turn her around saying no entry was allowed. No bus was coming and nobody was taking them to safety meanwhile I am driving like a maniac trying to come to her rescue. Somehow her and a few other students sneaked away and made it across the street to a local restaurant. Luckily nothing happened and nobody was hurt. Same day two other bomb threats received in the area. One not more than 5 miles from the campus and another near my home 25 miles away. I don't think there was any preparation I could have made to be ready for a day like the one I and the students at Cal State Los Angeles had today. I remember thinking this is going down just like boston and I am about to experience the worst. What the hell is going on?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That IS a bad day. It's spring (except here in MN) and all the crazies are out. A police officer was killed at MIT today. Ricin letters a couple days ago. Spring does bring the crazies out and the copycats follow close behind. Glad everything turned out okay.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Damn Brother, glad it was just a threat.....I can only think of maybe an off-campus designated meeting spot, close for her and quick access for you...
My daughter(step, but she will argue with you), her school is is in a bad neihborhood, and she is usually on "lockdown" at least once a month.
pray for peace, prepare for war....Just glad you'r both safe.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I am in the CA Bay Area this week on business. On my way back to hotel today they were talking on radio about some kind of bomb threat here today too. I was only half listening because your CA traffic SUCKS! But apparently somebody left a package wrapped in brown paper on a trash can somewhere and got everybody all excited. They had the bomb squad come out and blow it up, but never did say whether it was a real threat or not. I expect we will have more than the average number of bomb threats for the next few months now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Copycats. Wannabe copycats to be more precise. Anytime there is a bombing/terrorist attack we receive lots of bomb threats where I work. I am a 911 dispatcher and get this anytime something happens. The worst was on 9/11. We received hundreds of bomb threats that day. They were threatening everything from government buildings to businesses. Acts like this bring out the best in some but also the worst in some.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
What is going on ? Many things.
1. We do not deal quickly and harshly with those that do evil
2. The crazy's that do evil we make heroes out of on the news and in movies
3. In our quest to be kinder, gentler and understanding we have doomed our self's

·
9,022 Posts
Too many bleeding heart liberals. Why is there so much violence today? Consequences don't fit the crime. In Chicago they arrested the 2 guys for shooting the 15 year old girl, whose sister stood next to the "big O". One had just been released (turned 21) after a murder he committed as a 15 year old.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Life is so precious and a day like yesterday made me so much more appreciative of the things that I do have instead of those that I don't. Be safe everyone.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Like Deebo says you need to have a backup plan for a meeting and pickup spot. Plan A,B and C.
From my wives work place to home, we've planned routes of travel and places to meet and get picked up. Be here at first light or here at dark etc. Shelter points along the way, some are at friends and family houses that we can trust along the routes. I'm not going to be running around searching in case of an emergency. Plan includes hopefully EMP proof trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, down to bicycles and walking.
I do realize your situation living near a big city is totally different then the rural area I live in. Planning ahead of time gives great peace of mind in the event of some retard starts something. I can't imagine driving around trying to find someone. Hope everything worked out OK.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Well for me over the pass 20 years our courts have taken god out of the schools and everywhere our kids their lifes at for at least 6 hours a day. And it has been replaces with v games teaching are young evil. So we should not be supprise. You have the young want to play out what they have learned. No all but a big part are. In my day which was a very long time ago, my father, mother, brother and myself always sat down at the table for our meals. It was required. My daughter which was raise the same way is now in her 30's and when my grandson comes up to see grandpa we still have our meals at the table, and we go to visit her we still sat down at the table. This may sound silly, but I believe our lives have got so whatever we are missing out on the best things in life which is family.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good Grief! Sorry for all the heart falling into the pit of your stomach moments yesterday. Which after reading your post, just pisses me off to no end. That train station needs an attitude adjustment. There is a bomb threat and because of a few dollars they can't move those students to the next designated area for safety or allow them to ride back to their orginal pick up? I call B.S....but it's par for the course. Companies are more worried about the last penny they can pinch out of someone other than a passengers safety they've made loads of money on to begin with. People make me sick....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I"ll tell ya one hell of a day. May 20 ,2013 I was on my way home from work when I was caught the wind and rain wrap of the f5 tornado. On 149 th .the rear of my truck was picked up as it bounce up a few inches at first then it fought track for a second motor started to rev up . This my bug out truck all of sudden I was put in a 360 spin slung into a light pole rear of truck hit first. I was lucky there was a Oklahoma county sherif behind me he stop. And ask if I was ok I was in shock for a second and said I think so I stumble around a secon d and turn around if ur not bleeding our dead somebody will get to you in a few hours . His words were I'm being called to Moore it was hit . It was only a few miles a head of us. He took off. What the f!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts