unemployment down,
interest rates at lowest levels,
$4 gas at least leveling off,

I don't see it happening that fast.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly,you think gov figures for UE are true. The market is a huge bubble inflated by $85bil/month from the fed --waiting to burst
Yep I agree!

The fact the markets are almost at an all time high is good evidence of a massive economic bubble, which could burst anytime, could be a matter of days or weeks. But one thing for sure, when the sates goes down, it's gonna drag the rest of the world down with it. ( those money printing presses are smoking and almost catching a light, they are going so fast) It will create a huge power vacuum, which will destabilize just about every region on the planet, there will be unrest, wars, civil wars, death, and destruction the like none of us could even imagine. My money is on this year sometime, it will kick off, and when it gets too hot for the Bankster mob, they will start a war with Iran, or N, Korea, or something to divert attention, after a false flag event killing a few thousand Americans, it will be a 9/11 2.0 type thing on Steroids .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again I agree:
But I think the other comment has some value to, regards some becoming all stressed out over it. Stress is a very useful function of our makeup, if not taken too far, it aids in preparing our minds and bodies for unusual situations where our natural fight or flight responses kicks in. Having said this, too much stress, can sap stamina, impairs our ability to think rationally or impairs cognitive abilities, thus it can have a negative effect in helping our survival situation. As normal it’s a balance, which can at times be quite hard to maintain.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I personally think when you see the silver price drop 20-30% In a day or week that is the sign something is going to happen big. Shortly there after the price will double and double again. That is when the banks (the real government) will have decided to quit propping up the system and let it fail.
A false flag event should affect the price the same way.

Reactions: preppermama

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Now now no need to be silly.

I understand unemployment figures pretty well. About 6 million less people are working than in 2008 me included among them. However those who think collapse is here forget 10,000 people a day join social security. The baby boom is retiring. That is 2.5 million people a day. Not all of them retire but since that's been growing and started 5 years ago I think it's pretty reasonable to assume a lot of those 6m are actual retirees.

The stock market is pumped full of printed money. I get that. My God where else are they going to put it? Bonds at 1.9%, homes that have been vacant 3 years and need serious rehab, Italy, Greece or Stockton, CA? Clearly stocks are about the only place to put serious money because the premodonnas on wall street and bankstes don't understand or know how to use farm land. They can print the dollar all day because the world still accepts it as the reserve currency of choice. The fear is when that choice is changed, and that is beyond our control. Those of us who watch carefully will get an advanced warning, but I watch for that change daily and it's not happening.

I first read about the potential for hyper inflation in 1992/3. The author said then it was just around the corner. Well it's 20 years later, and that and the revolution in Mexico ( also called for ) hasn't happened. Nothing wrong with preparing for it, but live the life God gave us in the meantime.

Sell all your stocked food and weapons--spend-spend-spend. We are saved!!!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Glad you recall the Mexico claim for revolution. Perhaps you can see then notation on "previous scares." And yes it is different today. Yes the info age has made the world far closer and more connected then ever, but it also gives us the chance to watch it. I do pay close attention to challenges by Russia and China. The purchases of Gold and such by other countries is alarming but its also miniscule. For examle South Korea made a serious gold buy a few years ago that was touted as the begginning of the end of the dolar. It turns out it was the equivalent of the US buying $500 million worth of Gold. Hardly a big deal. Not an earth shattering move at all, but probably just a sound investment. Russia and China's dollar sabre rattling is just that; they have no currency capable of replacing the dollar for their trade - especially China. They need it, and we're probably printing it to make them happy.

My bigger concern is either a false flag even by powers that want more control & government spending or a real event aimed at our economy. Al queda thought hitting the WTC would impact our economy. It did, but not the way they expected. I cringe every year on the day after Thanksgiving. If al queda wanted to hurt this economy that is the day they'd strike. They could shatter our consumer driven economy in one horrible day. If not al queda, perhaps Assad as retaliation for helping out his opposition, or Iran for just being the enemy they are.

BTW what makes you think retirees are not included? By this I mean the reduction of 6 million total jobs? Also many retirees are working PT. I'm just curious - do you have any links to the figures and explanations of not including those drafting social social security or disability?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Total number of people employed from Dec. 08 to today is close to 6,000,000 less. The question I poise is how many have retired?
Baby boomers are hitting social security age, at the rate of 10,000 per day. That is 3.65 million a year. So how many of those lost
jobs are just not filled due to retirees? Could the "powers that be" be creating the PT phenom with obamafarce so that the
baby boomers can suppliment their social security? Just a thought.

I tend to think the elites like their lives and will do most anything to keep their lives. If "SHTF" of course they have the resources
to be "fine' but they won't enjoy the red carpet, the new technologies, and other innovations they blow big money on routinely.
I think this group is more powerful then we give them credit for, and I think they will keep our can kicking up a lot longer then
most preppers believe is possible. Remember these elites include Chinese, Russians and others that many think might impact
our reserve currency status.

Go to Bureau of Labor Stats and look.....Unemployment is not down......The NET job gain since Obama took office is less than 500k jobs.....not millions....anyone who believes unemployment is getting better needs to wake up.....it will get way worse when Obamacare takes full effect in 2014.....

·
Registered
887 Posts
The problem as I see it jobwise is when people go unemployed or "retire" (which is near joke in this day unless you were around to get a pension) is there positions are often not replaced again unless its a Govmnt spot. They want to drive out the private sector.

·
Registered
887 Posts
"BTW what makes you think retirees are not included? By this I mean the reduction of 6 million total jobs? Also many retirees are working PT. I'm just curious - do you have any links to the figures and explanations of not including those drafting social social security or disability?"
Good question. I have not heard one way or the other. Just the bit that many on SS also need part time jobs to make ends meet.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I understand they are no longer counted as in the work force, but why would they not be contributaries to fewer jobs. By this I mean there are 6 million fewer people working - that is a rough estimate based on economic figures released by the Fed. That doesn't mean there are 6 million people out there wanting those jobs that were lost - it does not take into account the retirees. I'm not saying unemployment rates are acceptable or even lower. I do think when people say "wow we have 6 million fewer jobs" they often forget to way "wow" we have 10,000 people a day hitting social security. In the last 4 years 11.6 million people began taking social security. Why is it hard to imagine there would be, then, 6 million fewer jobs?

"BTW what makes you think retirees are not included? By this I mean the reduction of 6 million total jobs? Also many retirees are working PT. I'm just curious - do you have any links to the figures and explanations of not including those drafting social social security or disability?"

They are considered not in the work force. Same with those on disability. Same with those "not seeking work--expired UE benefits"

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
GPD is south korea is 1.1 trillion. So they spent 2.5 billion on gold.
Korea, South GDP Data & Country Report | Global Finance

And several years back, I can't find a date on this, they owned $42. billion in US Debt. So if our dollar
is set to collapse why hold so much US debt and only 1/8th as much gold?
Where is America?s Debt? -

Central banks around the world have been buying TONS of gold for a few years. You mentioned SK--here's the latest on them
Central banks are among the shrewd investors who buy gold bullion on dips. It was reported that South Korea bought 20 tonnes of gold last month rumoured to be below the $1,600/oz mark. This is the first purchase this year for South Korea, after they purchased 30 tonnes in 2012. Previously they purchased in July 2012 at the same price level
That's about $2.5 billion just for little SK in a year. Russia and China routinely buy 50 tons at a time AND keep all domestic production
I don't believe El Quaeda(SP?) is responsible for the WTC

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

For the same reason the gov stopped using energy and food prices in it's Consumer Price Index (inflation).
Those numbers would raise the level. Guess what--Walmart and other big stores have been reporting
less sales,so the gov will stop includung "retail store index" when figuring the CPI.
Whatever the **** lie or ommision works is what they report
Check out this site:
Alternate Unemployment Charts

The government has been fudging and changing the numbers for years, since they are in charge of them who will notice. Bottom line is if we figured unemployment, inflation, etc like we did in 1980, unemployment would be 23% and inflation around 5%.

There are liars, damn liars and statistics
Loosely quoted Mark Twain

Reactions: oswegoscott

·
Registered
7,936 Posts

They are considered not in the work force. Same with those on disability. Same with those "not seeking work--expired UE benefits"
When my unenjoyment ended, so did my out of work status.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Guess what? MANY folks signed up for SS earlier then full age because they had no job. Many MORE signed up for disability bennies--
those assumed 10,000/day are NOT included in the "lost jobs" category. Besides,that figure translates to almost 4 mil a year!
Dam you are one of the people who know what is really going on.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Reportedly close to 11 million people began drawing social securityin the last 4 years. I'm guessing that means 12.5 million or more in the last 5 years. Many of those people continue on in part time work, self employment, and others are just plain retired. These figures don't include disability. That figure is also "huge."

When the total jobs figure is reported its like 130 or so million where as it was 136 or so million 5 years ago. With 12.5 million people drawing social security and either self employed, retired or part time employed now it does not surprise me that 6 million fewer jobs exist. Being self employed I paid myself a wage and that included unemployment insurance - so when I closed my business I drew unemployment like all of my employees who got laid off. I know that i stopped being counted among the unemployed; I'm not pretending the government stated rate is correct at all - I'm merely pointing our a very significant population (possibly as many as 12.5 million plus disability granted) are no longer employed or counted in the total employment figure. I certainly don't see any links provided to the contrary?

As to the original topic if the dollar remains the primary form of world currency on open markets then we will continue to print it and grant the "loan" to the printer. I realize that game can not go on forever, but I think a lot of preppers discount how that game works and why its not likely to end as quickly as they think - because the powers that be want it too continue and thus it will.

Guess what? MANY folks signed up for SS earlier then full age because they had no job. Many MORE signed up for disability bennies--
those assumed 10,000/day are NOT included in the "lost jobs" category. Besides,that figure translates to almost 4 mil a year!
Do you think that 4mil is included in the 6mil figure?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Not sure of NY and NJ but you can only collect the UE benefit here if you pay into it - which I did for 7 years
so I don't see why people who pay for the insurance wouldn't be allowed to collect on it? Perhaps those
business owners in NY/NJ don't pay the premium we do for it in CA?

I'm not trying to ingore your comments on the dollar, but I think they are elevated. If you say South Korea
spent 2.5 billion dollars on gold it sounds like a huge sum, but when their economy is 1100 billion dollars its
not even 1/4 of 1%. And when they hold US bonds at 16x that amount of gold it seems to me like the
concern for the dollar (right now) is over stated. These figures are not all that difference for the Chinese,
but I do share your concern that our trade imbalence with China affords them the opportunity to buy
things that would better serve our country. China though has its own issues - a real estate bubble, a food
shortage problem, but they have one thing we don't - no enemies. I know you don't think al queda or
radical islam is a real problem for us - fact is they don't mess with China because China's retaliation would
not be publicized on the evening news and generate world condemnation - like ours and Israels often does.
Hence you don't see Islamic nations messing with China - much at all. It again begs to the issue - China
has no enemies because we are not an offensive nation - despite our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan we
dont' pick on enemies our own size; for which I'm glad.

The issue at hand and presented by the OP is "when." I don't think its as soon as most in the prepardness
community - believe. But I prepare; if I'm wrong at least I'm prepared. If I'm right then my nephews and
nieces will be prepared.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts