Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Just common since before a collapse they will do everything posible to drop the price of precious metals so they can purchase as much as possible. But the time when you will know the CRAP is about to hit the fan is when governments start demanding their citizens trade in their gold for paper money because that will be about the only currency that will be universally accepted between countries. Several countries are trying to repatriate their gold that is being held in the US, and even Texas is trying to get its gold reserve back but our government is fighting them at every step.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
I do not believe the US has much gold. The gold that is allegedly in Fort Knox has never been publically audited. The vaults may very well be empty. It would not suprise me at all.
I believe that will be sweet revenge. All those that have their hand in the collapse will be trading paper money in for shares in gold only to find thousands have the same shares in the same piece of gold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.